Light winter grade automobile oil or Finol? Ever heard of Finol?

I'm changing the gearbox oil in an old Rockwell/Delta scroll saw, the gearbox holds about 1-1/2 pints. I'll assume the "light winter grade automobile oil" would be a 10W, which seems to be rare these days. I wouldn't like to use non detergent, since I'd like to ensure there are some anti wear additives.

Here is the info on a can of Standard Oil Finol:

Double refined and filtered mineral oil.

STANDARD FINOL Utility oil has the correct lubricating body for oiling fine and high speed industrial and agriculture machines, office machines, sewing machines, fractional H.P. motors, electric fans, firearms, fishing tackle, and other mechanisms in the plant, office, farm, garage or home.

Cleans metallic surfaces. Use Finol Utility Oil to clean and brighten machinery, golf clubs, firearms, etc.
Protects metal against corrosion. Moisten a cloth with Finol Utility Oil and rub over metal parts to be protected.
Finol Utility Oil softens and preserves leather.

Automotive Uses
For break-in of new and rebuilt engines. To lubricate upper parts of cylinders, pistons, piston rings and valve stems, mix one pint of STANDARD FINOL Utility oil with five gallons of gasoline
FINOL Utility Oil is recommended for use in overhead oilers and upper cylinder lubricators.
To lubricate electric starters, generators and tractor magnetos, apply FINOL Utility Oil sparingly - 3 or 5 drops are sufficient.

Does not gum or corrode

Ever heard of FINOL? Know of a replacement or suitable substitute for it or 10W oil?

I'm changing the gearbox oil in an old Rockwell/Delta scroll saw, the gearbox holds about 1-1/2 pints. I'll assume the "light winter grade automobile oil" would be a 10W, which seems to be rare these days. I wouldn't like to use non detergent, since I'd like to ensure there are some anti wear additives.

Here is the info on a can of Standard Oil Finol:

Double refined and filtered mineral oil.

STANDARD FINOL Utility oil has the correct lubricating body for oiling fine and high speed industrial and agriculture machines, office machines, sewing machines, fractional H.P. motors, electric fans, firearms, fishing tackle, and other mechanisms in the plant, office, farm, garage or home.

Cleans metallic surfaces. Use Finol Utility Oil to clean and brighten machinery, golf clubs, firearms, etc.
Protects metal against corrosion. Moisten a cloth with Finol Utility Oil and rub over metal parts to be protected.
Finol Utility Oil softens and preserves leather.

Automotive Uses
For break-in of new and rebuilt engines. To lubricate upper parts of cylinders, pistons, piston rings and valve stems, mix one pint of STANDARD FINOL Utility oil with five gallons of gasoline
FINOL Utility Oil is recommended for use in overhead oilers and upper cylinder lubricators.
To lubricate electric starters, generators and tractor magnetos, apply FINOL Utility Oil sparingly - 3 or 5 drops are sufficient.

Does not gum or corrode

Ever heard of FINOL? Know of a replacement or suitable substitute for it or 10W oil?
sounds like 3in1 household oil too me.

"Finol looks like a distributor.

finoloils.com

The above products sounds like a European version of Marvel Mystery oil."

The Finol Utility Oil I'm talking about is a Standard Oil Company product possibly from the 1930's, and has nothing to do with that company I'm pretty sure.

honestly, use a 0w16 motoroil or a 75W gear oil, both are viscosity wise as close as you're going to get to the 10W, and they have antiwear chemistry

Back