Lifted the Suburban today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys haven't posted in a very long while. Lifted my 03 suburban today and put some new tires on. 3" lift in front and back. Nitto trail grappler tires (285/65/18 - 33x11.5x18) Will probably level it soon but heres some pics! Thanks for looking

Before
IMG_0478_zps4bgt2l5c.png

After

IMG_0473_zpsgihdnfdq.jpg

IMG_0479_zpsf2pbhx7w.jpg

IMG_0476_zpsdollimv5.jpg

Looks like a reasonable amount of lift. Out here in S. Cal we see trucks and SUV's lifted unreasonable amounts on vehicles that never even get driven on a gravel driveway let alone off the road anywhere.

And it looks like you're already showing the need for mud flaps. I found the same thing a long time ago when lifted a pickup I used to take out into the desert. Some small mud flaps made a big difference.

Anyhow, the lift will especially help in your case because of the long wheelbase. Getting high centered is worse than just getting one end or the other stuck.

Thats a perfect amount of lift, looks great!

Be careful with your headlight aiming...

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Thats a perfect amount of lift, looks great!

Be careful with your headlight aiming...

Many lifted trucks/SUV's didn't adjust their headlight, even when it was 200-300 behind my E430 mirror reflected their light into my eyes, I had to flip the day/night button to be able to see the road on front.

Looks good. I just did a 2" lift on my Jeep over the weekend. My sagging 16 year old springs had me down in the weeds.

Originally Posted By: ClutchDisc
Looked a lot better before the lift.

Not sure about that....kinda looks good both ways....
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: used_0il
The 3500 Suburban is back for 2016.
Wouldn't that be awesome with a DuraMax
and 285/55/22s?

Yes we will be building a 1 ton Suburban for 2016. It will come with a 6.0L. It is not available to the public at this time. The few that we do build are all going to upfitters to become armered vehicles.

Having a few of the 70s and 80s 3500 Suburbans with SBCs and BBCs, the only part I read was "not at this time".

Will the 3500s be built on a HD pickup type frame like the old ones were, and will the bolt pattern be the new 2011+ 8X180 MM?

To avoid competing with the Esclade, just offer the above with rubber floor mats and barn doors.

For back road work, the lighter gasoline engine will be just fine, but the DuraMax on the highway or towing....awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back