Lifetime Engine Warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do people who have these warranties still lose sleep over which brand/type of oil to use? Or do people just any type that meets specs and covers the warranty?

Dude, your last car you kept two years - why are you worried about a 'lifetime' engine?

These are marketing tools for the oil company. Use whatever oil meets your spec and application, then decide if you want to buy the cheapest full price, stock up on sales/rebates, buy into a 'warrantee' oil, etc.

+1 with surfstar. Don't get too hung up on engine warranty, or types of engine oil used.

If you aren't running a stroked engine, and you have all the necessary engine scheduled servicing done religiously (e.g. timing belts, water pump, idler tensioner bearing, etc.) chances are, your engine will live to an easy ripeful age of at least 200~ 300k miles, or 20+years until you get sick and tired of it.

Q.

Originally Posted By: skip029
Do people who have these warranties still lose sleep over which brand/type of oil to use? Or do people just any type that meets specs and covers the warranty?

OT
How do you like your Juke?

Seems to get great reviews and everyone loves them for the handling and sportiness

Yet strangely they aren't rated very well?
http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/Nissan_Juke/

I wouldn't worry. They all have enough disclaimers that one would have to be pretty meticulous in record keeping and maintenance to have a successful claim. Then again, someone so meticulous probably won't have engine problems in the first place.

You're in Wisconsin, the body will rusted out way before you have engine problem, related to oil or not.

Even in So Cal the body and interior pieces are failing apart before any engine problem with extended OCI with dino oil.

If I only kept a car two years I'd just take it to quick change place when the dash board tells you to.

Who cares about extended warranties I think most manufactures have a bumper to bumper for the first 2 years.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
You're in Wisconsin, the body will rusted out way before you have engine problem, related to oil or not.

Even faster than normal because it's a Nissan. Those and Mazdas seem to show visible rust at about the 3 year mark around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back