Life Expectancy of Cellular Phone "Permanent" Batteries?

Another thing to know is that "100% charged" is different for different phones and manufacturers. If phone X is calibrated to be "100%" charged at 4.2 volts and phone Y is calibrated to be "100%" 4.4 volts, then all things equal, the battery in phone X is going to last for a lot more charge cycles before it's significantly degraded.

Reactions: Y_K
FWIW, this is from my iPhone 11 that I got last year when they released them. It’s looking like I’ll get ~2 years out of it before the battery hits 80%. It gets used pretty heavily every day though... generally playing music or listening to videos from YouTube while at work.

Attachments

• E4EA3EAE-7A32-4ED5-AD34-31F3F7DADF0E.png
    E4EA3EAE-7A32-4ED5-AD34-31F3F7DADF0E.png
    124.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 341EE4FE-DCCB-488C-A7C5-2B6D489AC58A.png
    341EE4FE-DCCB-488C-A7C5-2B6D489AC58A.png
    148.8 KB · Views: 9
Typically 3 years but like others stated charging cycles is what matters. My 13 year old burned up on iPhone 7 in 1.5 years because of the social media apps and heavy usage alongside heavy load on battery requiring constant charging.

I lucked out that Apple replaced battery no charge during a recall related to cellular modem (quit connecting).
Yes, correct. Charging cycles. I think it's important to note that to obtain the most battery life, one should not allow the battery to deplete down into the 10% range and then charge all the way to 100%. As a good rule, you should try to keep the battery from dropping this low as "Charging" causes stress. etc.

You have a few options... If the reboot worked for the time being.. Just keep using and burn the phone out.. You could replace the battery yourself if comfortable or pay to have it done.. Another option is upgrade your device lose your grandfathered in plan there's plan options out there that aren't much more.. Tracfone for one, AT&T just released a new plan $30 month 5gb data unlimited talk/text..

Boost mobile has pretty decent phones and plans with taxes included.. Boost at the moment is riding on sprint/T-Mobile and will build their own network in coming years.

What he's talking about is that modern phones will detect when the battery loses capacity below a certain point and then it will start to throttle the CPU speed in order not not demand too much juice from the battery.

Weak battery equals slower phone.
On my phone I am given the option to activate the battery saver once the battery is down to 15%. This will result in reduced performance but in no way is this feature forced on me. If I decline the battery saver option the phone will continue at full speed until the moment it shuts off. I have never had to use the battery saver.

Back