LG intra wide monitor died

I moved a month or so ago. The 34" LG monitor was in the back seat of my truck wrapped with some bubble wrap. Not smashed around by movers.

I finally put it on my desk and connected the power supply and nothing when I press the on button - nothing. No "ON" light, no screen menu or any screen from my laptop. I have it plugged into the UPS and have tried another outlet. I have not yet but will measure the output of the power supply. It's marked LG and 19V on the power supply which is what is listed for the monitor. So I do not believe I mixed up power supplies.

It seems pretty simple, plug in in power supply, press ON button and nothing.

Time for a new monitor?

I got my DVM and at first no 19V DC. Took power cord off and checked for 120V AC. Had that so put power cord back in the power supply and then had 19V DC. Maybe the 19V DC was there all along and I had meter set wrong (but doubtful) or maybe power cord needed to be reseated in power supply. But still nothing when I push the power button to turn it on.

When it comes to electronics like these, they are usually junk unless you can just throw parts at it cheaply enough or you are good at diagnosing boards on a circuit level.

I had the same issue with my 27" LG, it was the power adapter, I had another kicking around and it worked fine.

How many years of use and hours per day powered on? Eventually the PSU will develop bad capacitors, or the monitor itself. Early on the PSU may still measure the right voltage but under load, mad ripple. Monitor itself is a lot easier to open, assuming PSU is welded shut instead of screwed together.

There probably is a fuse inside, but clearly not blown to be getting any voltage measurement on the output.

Even though my DVM showed the power supply putting on the required 19V, I thought it was worth $20 to buy a replacement power supply. But that did not help so I guess it's time for a new monitor. While I normally do not get one, I may go for a protection plan.

Even though my DVM showed the power supply putting on the required 19V, I thought it was worth $20 to buy a replacement power supply. But that did not help so I guess it's time for a new monitor. While I normally do not get one, I may go for a protection plan.
Ooof, that sucks.

Back