Lexus Rocker Panel

Does anyone what kind of material is used to make this piece? Polyurethane? I cracked mine and need to know what adhesive will bond to it? Super Glue does not work even a little bit. Thanks.

6F8DE518-D8FB-4916-92B8-BB043A00F03B.jpg

There was a time when some body shops would try to repair these types of parts via a plastic welding procedure / method. I don't think that is common any more since labor has become so expensive.

This site has a helpful chart to help you identify the type of plastic it might be. Then you can search to see if there are any modern adhesives and or epoxies that might be compatible with it.

How much do you care about aesthetics? The best way I've found to repair plastic is to drill small holes then use wire to stitch them back together.

TSOP. Toyota Super Olefin Plastic, a type of polypropylene. Unless you have access to a plastic welder or plastic structural adhesive like Fusor, it’s a pain to fix “low energy” plastics.

Thanks. I agree with nthach, it is most likely Toyota’s version of PP. The rocker cladding makes a 90° return under the front wheel well liner. The crack is right in that 90°. There are fasteners on each side of the 90° so it is pretty stable. The bracket was bent causing the liner to pucker. I took it apart and got things mostly straightened out. You would not notice the damage unless you knew it was there. I will leave it alone. Pretty sure I will only bugger it up if I attempt to weld it.

Last edited:
Back