Lexus ES350 endlinks

The 2011 ES has some noises coming from the rear and with 120K it most probably the end links. The front end links also are work and can see the car sway when turning but they are not out yet. Any recommendation on OEM or Moog/BeckArney/aftermarket parts - want to stick with OEM.

Any suggestions would help in this matter

The 2011 ES has some noises coming from the rear and with 120K it most probably the end links. The front end links also are work and can see the car sway when turning but they are not out yet. Any recommendation on OEM or Moog/BeckArney/aftermarket parts - want to stick with OEM.

Any suggestions would help in this matter
If you can see car swaying, problem is probably deeper, struts most likely.
Stick to OE unless Lamfoerder has it for Lexus.

Where can I get 555?
Because OE is $90+ each + nuts
I've been using Delphi aftermarket with reasonable success for the money
CarID has them:

1668801776769.jpg

Do not rule out sway bar bushings. Best bet to find bad links/bushings is to have the suspension loaded on both sides (car on the ground).

Do not rule out sway bar bushings. Best bet to find bad links/bushings is to have the suspension loaded on both sides (car on the ground).
I doubt its the sway bar bushings - when I removed them on another vehicle with over 150K they were solid and was a waste of replacement. The links are another animal in itself they take on load and never have lasted beyond 80K. Unless one doesn't actually feel a ride difference (like my wife who dumped the Lexus back to me as she got a ModelY) many go riding tired and busted links forever

FWIW, I have Turkish Delphi on a Prius. We’ll see how long they hold up. The OEs are all metal, the Delphi uses a plastic cover on the ball joint ends.

OE Toyota sway bar links rarely ever go bad. I had to get new ones just in case I ripped the boots during a sway bar swap. Which happened.

I’ve had more questions about the rubber toyota uses than the links. I know someone above mentioned that they rarely see toyota end link rubber fail, but I’ve seen a lot of their rubber bits lose elasticity…they just sort of harden into a compressed state, leaving room to bump around under load. But, that was in an older tundra trd, and it rode like a log wagon anyway.

if we hang on to our Lexus GS long term, I could actually see doing a full rubber rebuild on the suspension after 10+ years. It’s the balance of handling and quietness/comfort that really defines the vehicle, and suspension rubber has a lot in play there. It’s more likely to be sold before putting that kind of effort into it, but who knows….

The ES, GS, LS are heavy cars and if yiou go under there is a frame like strong build which translates to less wear and tear and long term reliability of an already reliable Toyota offshoots. But the links are another animal in inself they do wear before anything and replacing them is a breeze. Now the question comes do you go OEM/aftermarket and I have had aftermarket links and they failed. IMO this is.a cheap and easy replacement for any lateral movement in the cabin and 9/10 times source of clunks and weird noises.

CTR is a good brand for sway bar links. They put a nut on the other end so you can use a wrench to tighten it. This is better than the stupid hex key in the middle that strips :sneaky:

CTR is an OE supplier from South Korea. 1/3 of new cars come with CTR parts from the factory.

Partsgeek carries CTR, and you can also buy them from Amazon. Although Amazon is usually not a good place to buy auto parts, CTR actually sells them directly thru Amazon. It will say "sold and shipped by CTR Auto Parts"

Napa also carries CTR, but they are much more expensive, of course.

Even if you don't need bushings, you might as well replace them while you're under there, since the job is very easy.

if we hang on to our Lexus GS long term, I could actually see doing a full rubber rebuild on the suspension after 10+ years. It’s the balance of handling and quietness/comfort that really defines the vehicle, and suspension rubber has a lot in play there. It’s more likely to be sold before putting that kind of effort into it, but who knows….
Bushing replacement is a fact of life on a RWD Lexus. They don’t last long and are a bear of a task to replace them all - if you don’t have a press you’re stuck using a Sawzall or fire to destroy the stock bushings for replacement. It’s a well-discussed item on ClubLexus.

Some models are worse than others. The 2007-2019 4th gen LS460/600hL is the most notorious bushing eater.

Back