Lexol Vinylex vs 303

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer 303 as it leaves a satin finish.
A shiny dash can be quite glareing from the horizontal parts.

Any of you guys ever try Meguires Quick Interior Detailer?

That stuff is awesome!

[ October 14, 2005, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: Alan ]

I JUST used EinsZett "Tiefenpfleger" (imported from Germany, I got this from Autopia clearence a few months ago) for plastic/vinyl on my Tbird dashboard...

all i can say is: wonderful!
satiny finish, not sticky, the shine is matt-like, just the way I like, and the dash looks better than ever!
Highly recommended.
I'll never use another product.

I agree with others about Vinylex being more on the shiny/greasy side, which I didn't much care for.

I switched to something called Harly Polyguard - smells much nicer and is not greasy. Really good stuff.

Both products are very similar. I find Vinylex to be a little glossier (or 303 a little more matte in finish). Both have UV inhibitors and are water based, plenty safe for interior plastics.

It's a toss up AFAIC.

quote:

Originally posted by Quattro Pete:
I agree with others about Vinylex being more on the shiny/greasy side, which I didn't much care for.

I switched to something called Harly Polyguard - smells much nicer and is not greasy. Really good stuff.

This guy claims to have an opposite view: "Harly Polyguard - This used to be my favorite, till I lost my heart to Vinylex. Leaves a touch more shine to the finish than Vinylex."
smile.gif

Thanks everyone for the comments.
I'm a long term Vinylex user. It works very well on my dashboard. Still I always wanna try something new ...
I just received some samples of 303. And before I use it on my car I wanted to know the users responses.
Since you guys like it so much I'm definately gonna try it and see how it compares to Vinyles.

quote:

Originally posted by bretfraz:
Both products are very similar. I find Vinylex to be a little glossier (or 303 a little more matte in finish). Both have UV inhibitors and are water based, plenty safe for interior plastics.

It's a toss up AFAIC.

I concur. Both are excellent protectants, and the only ones you should be using.

My advise, buy whichever one is the cheapest.

I have the Vinyles and will continue to use it on the door seals and everywhere else except the dash. Can you buy the 303 locally??

Guys,try Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer on all your interior surfaces including your leather seats(not on fabrics of course).

This stuff leaves a OEM finish and a fresh clean scent.

I tried 303 before, and it does make the dash look really good; I agree it's the best product I've used considering the PRICE.
BUT, if I ONLY look at the FINISH, not considering price, The EinsZett "Tiefenpfleger" (deep cleaner, in english), is the clear winner. It is more costly, but I got it at a clearence sale.

quote:

Originally posted by 97tbird:
BUT, if I ONLY look at the FINISH, not considering price, The EinsZett "Tiefenpfleger" (deep cleaner, in english), is the clear winner. It is more costly, but I got it at a clearence sale.

It doesn't look all that expensive.
Is this the thing you're talking about?
Actually they charge exactly the same amount for EinsZett Tiefenpfleger and 303. Vinylex is a couple of dollars cheaper.

[ October 20, 2005, 03:06 AM: Message edited by: vad ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back