Lexicon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just about one million words

Luckily, most people get buy using only about 150 words after years of training.
wink.gif

I remember when Sue Herera added "dissing" to FNN's lexicon of finer financial broadcasting.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
You must be very excited Mori... Another word for you to correct when it's misspelled here on BITOG!

LOL.gif

Oh, you mean like when Mori used the word "buy", when the correct word would have been "by"?
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: rshunter
Originally Posted By: StevieC
You must be very excited Mori... Another word for you to correct when it's misspelled here on BITOG!

LOL.gif

Oh, you mean like when Mori used the word "buy", when the correct word would have been "by"?
grin2.gif

He just uses that as test to see how many really know the correct usage.
LOL.gif

He has an unfair advantage with being on the west coast! We all post all day long and then the sun rises in his time zone and he gets to see all the postings and make comments when most of us are out and then going to go to bed!
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Der Oss-tree-hen doesn't needass many words has dhair mor-hee-boon'd-hemhen

Phonetically, I think it should have been "vords", rather than "words".
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: rshunter
Phonetically, I think it should have been "vords", rather than "words".
grin2.gif

Arnold pronounces it "vurds." He pronounces the "o" in "words" as "ö," a sound that does not exist in English. However, the u in "vurds" is a close enough approximation.
wink.gif

(snorting w/flapping nasals) Huuuuuuuuuach! Hue-keyes har such jokhars

Arnie doesn't always use the "v" for the "w" ...but it slips in there where appropriate if the dialog is fast enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back