Lex GS350 uspension clunking backing out of driveway

Yep, aggressive compound. Does Textar makes pads for F-Sport? You could try that.
My understanding is, the Lexus factory pads are the best choice for my car.
They have been revised.
Many have tried Akebono, you name it.

I will look into Textar; that's a new name.

My understanding is, the Lexus factory pads are the best choice for my car.
They have been revised.
Many have tried Akebono, you name it.

I will look into Textar; that's a new name.
Lexus factory pads are probably made by Akebono, but different compound from their ceramic one, probably semi-metalic.
Textar is not new name. They are OE (among other OE suppliers) on BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Porsche etc. Considering performance of brakes on those cars, they will do fine. The reason why they could have it for Lexus is that Textar is owned by TMD, while TMD is owned by Nishhinbo.

Lexus factory pads are probably made by Akebono, but different compound from their ceramic one, probably semi-metalic.
Textar is not new name. They are OE (among other OE suppliers) on BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Porsche etc. Considering performance of brakes on those cars, they will do fine. The reason why they could have it for Lexus is that Textar is owned by TMD, while TMD is owned by Nishhinbo.
I looked up their site; they have pads. They look like the new design... I kinda had trouble understanding their online catalog.
FYI, I meant I had never heard of them, not thet they were a new company.
Thanks for the tip.

I will probably have the rotors turned by a good shop and then pad slap it.
It is funny, because my car was Lexus maintained before I got it. And now the front brakes squeal when cold.

I looked up their site; they have pads. They look like the new design... I kinda had trouble understanding their online catalog.
Thanks for the tip.

It is funny, because my car was Lexus maintained before I got it. And now the front brakes squeal when cold.
RWD F-Sport Front Pads use a Textar friction material:

I would just buy new rotors. The semi-metallic performance pads tend to have high rotor wear and my guess is that these rotors have already been turned once.

Thanks for the tip.

Why not new rotors? They should not be that expensive.
Expect bit of dust with Textar.

Steering rack. Used chassis ears & have found 6 bad racks out here in California. Noise is loudest where the input shaft meets the rack. Had no play, but made noises

Fixed, or rather solved!
Upon my inspection, I could not find anything worn in the front end.
The car drives and steers rock solid and I could not alway duplicate the problem.

I brought it to a really good shop nearby. They found this lodged underneath:
PXL_20201223_164736420.jpg

This filter cap does not belong to me. We bought the GS under CPO at Putnam Lexus in Redwood City. CPO gives you 4 services.
Perhaps this post qualifies as dealer bashing?

A big thanks to all who chimed in, including The Critic who went out of his way to offer sound advice.

Last edited:
I was just going to say...it’s probably just an oil filter tool that somebody accidentally dropped down in the suspension and left it there. Lol.

Back