levi jeans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
I bought levi shorts from Target a few years ago. I wore them less than five times and developed a huge hole in them. I got a lemon. but I bought levi's from Macy's and they lasted forever. go figure

Pretty sure the name brand jeans have different quality levels. I read somewhere that the bar code for Wrangler/Levis jeans will be different at Wal-Mart than at other places so people can't buy them at one place and return them elsewhere for credit. I betting that the quality at those places will be different also.

This is my experience with jeans, I buy what feels good, looks good, then on price. I own 4 pairs of levi's that are at least 5 years old if not older. Each one is in good shape and still comfortable, baring some short of freak accident each one of them will be good in another 5 years. But the most comfortable and oldest jeans I have are old Lee Dungarees that I bought pre-2001 that I believe I bought for 10 bucks, that pair of jeans will go into retirement soon the bottoms are starting to fray. I even have wranglers that I bought at walmart last a minimum of 5 years, so I should thank my wife on how she takes care of our clothes.

I love Levis. I wouldn't expect to get good quality from the line they sell at Target though. The jeans they sell in their stores and in department stores start in the $50-$60 range and go way up from there. Chances are unlikely that the quality translates into a $20 pair. Otherwise they'd be cannibalizing their own sales.

Have a pair of 505s that I've had for 3 years and they stil look great. Got a hole from snagging onto something but no rips or tears.

Last edited:
I only buy my jeans when I go out of town it seems. In quite a few states, there is an outlet called VF Outlet. I think it stands for Vanity Fair.

I go to the one out in Sunrise, FL, and Primm, NV.

Anyways, they sell tons of overstock jeans from department stores. Lee, Levi, Wrangler, even Nautica and other "designer" type names.

You can see the true markup on jeans, because I left with 4 pairs of nautica carpenter jeans for $7.98 each and a bunch of dress shirts for under $10 each.

I'm Leaving for florida again this week for a trip, and this time we are packing an empty suitcase on southwest to load up with clothes for this year.

Originally Posted By: JustinH
I only buy my jeans when I go out of town it seems. In quite a few states, there is an outlet called VF Outlet. I think it stands for Vanity Fair.

I go to the one out in Sunrise, FL, and Primm, NV.

Anyways, they sell tons of overstock jeans from department stores. Lee, Levi, Wrangler, even Nautica and other "designer" type names.

You can see the true markup on jeans, because I left with 4 pairs of nautica carpenter jeans for $7.98 each and a bunch of dress shirts for under $10 each.

I'm Leaving for florida again this week for a trip, and this time we are packing an empty suitcase on southwest to load up with clothes for this year.

Wow...

I bought the Schmidt jeans when I got down to 200lbs in aug 2010, wear them twice a week, they have been washed pretty much every week since august. They still look and feel the same as the day I purchased them! they are awesome, have done oc's in them, yard work, fishing, etc and they have stood the tests!

I own 2 pairs of Schmidt jeans, they are the first thing I grab if if have freshly clean/folded laundry. Then my Arizonas are second, the only downfall i have had with arizonas is that the belt loops are oddly proportioned and if you have a cell case or a knife holder they tend to slide to the rear of the pants

Schmidt jeans are awesome. I have 4 pairs. They actually fit good. But if you get the bug for american made jeans google "all american clothing." The quality justifies the price.

I will be going to tractor supply tomorrow. I hope I like them. I tried on the new target line of Levi made jeans and they are junk

Originally Posted By: volk06
The Levi's at Walmart were cheap low quality ones anyway. My farm n fleet has them. Think it's just the store/companys choice to carry them.

+1. It is amazing that what they sell at WM is allowed to carry the name of Levi's. Disgusting. Just more China junk that it amazes me that some people feel good about buying.

I used to wear Levi's. Now they are made offshore, so cost a LOT of Americans their jobs.

I then went to Lucky brand, as they were made in USA (though more $). Now they are from Mexico and other places. Another set of Americans lost their jobs.

Currently I am without a good replacement set of jeans. Tried a few, the Gap jeans fit well but were the standard third world make.

At some point if all Im going to reasonably get is a Chinese-made pair of pants (Ive tried the US made versions at Nordstroms for >$150, which Id gladly pay for US made clothing, but they didnt fit well), Im just going to go to K-mart and get a pair of Rustler jeans for $12. I really dont see a better value.

But I havent given up yet.

I prefer Levi's 559 or 569, but I buy them at goodwill for ~$6. I buy 90%+ new condition, with just enough wear to feel broken in. I want decent quality, but I can't see shelling out more than a few dollars for pants that I wear for manual work and relaxation. If I put a rip or a tear in them, I don't cry.

The most comfortable but weirdest looking jeans I have are some Ralph Lauren Polos I got at a Dillard's clearance center for $12. They look too weird to wear anywhere but on the weekends (fabric like a train engineer's hat) but they have a button fly, deep pockets, and the hammer loop on the leg. All seams triple-sewn. Very comfortable and functional.

Originally Posted By: Kruse
Those of you who live close to a Menards store, try their OLD MILL brand of denim jeans that they sell.
Currently the everyday price is $12.98, but sometimes discount them.
$22.98 here in MI

I've bought only Levi 501 for the last 25+ years. Same size. Retail price keeps going up... Near $60 now, I think. But they're $34 at the NEX and the quality is as good as ever... Might be a cheaper version out there but the 501s are still good...even if they're made in Mexico or wherever...

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02

The most comfortable but weirdest looking jeans I have are some Ralph Lauren Polos I got at a Dillard's clearance center for $12. They look too weird to wear anywhere but on the weekends (fabric like a train engineer's hat) ....

Yep, for awhile Dillard's was selling what I called the "penitentiary" look jean.

My favorite jeans are the plain jane relaxed fit Ralph Lauren Polo brand. I have no idea where they are made, but they look and fit well, like Levi's used to be.

edit: I just checked the label on an extra pair I keep in my desk, and it says assembled in Mexico. Doesn't list a point of origin for the fabric, so I assume the fabric is U.S. milled.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dwcopple
Originally Posted By: Kruse
Those of you who live close to a Menards store, try their OLD MILL brand of denim jeans that they sell.
Currently the everyday price is $12.98, but sometimes discount them.
$22.98 here in MI

That's weird. I have a store an hour to the north of me and another one an hour to the south of me and they both have them for $12.98. That's it he same price that it's been for over six months, except when I can catch them on sale.
Maybe I need to stock up.

I found Levi's 555 to fit me pretty well. I used to wear only Gap but they tend to break after 6 months. Levis seems to last longer but last year the same model seems to have lower quality compare to before. They are now nothing more than a brand name on generic quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back