Let’s talk gin

Personally, this is by far or to me one of the better gin I have ever had. I enjoy it with a splash or two of Tabasco and v8 Hot&Spicy low sodium. Yeah, I may be stone cold crazy after all. But I can’t take the taste of any vodka. What brand of gin do you folks like or enjoy?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 29
But I can’t take the taste of any vodka.
Technically, vodka is supposed to be tasteless. That's the whole point. :) You add it to other things, like juices, just to provide alcohol content, without affecting its flavor. Or you just do shots of it to get smashed quickly. :)

As for gin, I can't really recall last time I had it. Sorry. :)

I've sampled some really nice gins in my travels. Bars in the UK and Japan treat gin very special. I asked for a gin and tonic in a hotel bar in England and they brought me 5 bottles of gin on a tray and had me smell each one and pick the one I wanted. They brought the tray out again for second round. Seems like a European thing but they don't mix the tonic with the gin. They bring you the gin in a glass with ice cubes and a small bottle of tonic on the side and you mix it yourself. In Heathrow waiting to fly home, they had gin tastings in the duty free store. They put all kinds of stuff in gin to compliment it. Depending on the gin: cucumber, blueberry, strawberry, cracked black pepper... The gins I've liked are Monkey 47, which cost me ~$23 for a gin and tonic in a bar in a very upscale mall in Osaka. Even the ice cubes were special. In addition to Monkey 47 (Germany), I like Brockmans (England), Hendricks (Scotland), Akori (Japan inspired made in Spain) and if you want a good, inexpensive juniper strong one, Gordon's (USA).

I've sampled some really nice gins in my travels. Bars in the UK and Japan treat gin very special. I asked for a gin and tonic in a hotel bar in England and they brought me 5 bottles of gin on a tray and had me smell each one and pick the one I wanted. They brought the tray out again for second round. Seems like a European thing but they don't mix the tonic with the gin. They bring you the gin in a glass with ice cubes and a small bottle of tonic on the side and you mix it yourself. In Heathrow waiting to fly home, they had gin tastings in the duty free store. They put all kinds of stuff in gin to compliment it. Depending on the gin: cucumber, blueberry, strawberry, cracked black pepper... The gins I've liked are Monkey 47, which cost me ~$23 for a gin and tonic in a bar in a very upscale mall in Osaka. Even the ice cubes were special. In addition to Monkey 47 (Germany), I like Brockmans (England), Hendricks (Scotland), Akori (Japan inspired made in Spain) and if you want a good, inexpensive juniper strong one, Gordon's (USA).

i do enjoy Hendricks gin

There was a distillery (Seagram's?) on Rts. 1/9 in Linden, NJ. The runway of the adjacent airport pointed directly at it. Nose up (how appropriate).

They closed and had all their kettles lined up along the highway with for sale signs on 'em like cars. Funny.

I bought a bottle of elderberry gin in England a number of years ago. Best gin I’ve had. Can’t get it in Canada (without importing a case) and cant remember the distillers name. ****.

Back