Let's talk beer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went for spaghetti with a couple friends this weekend and I killed a pitcher of PBR with my friend and I have to say it was pretty [censored] tasty for a cheap beer..

I'll be trying out my first German ale this weekend. I only put in 7 pounds of pilsner malt into this one so it shouldn't be but 4.5% at the most. It sure smelled good while I was moving it from vessel to vessel. Turned out about 4.5 gallons.

I tried a new beer last week. Boulevard's Double Wide IPA from their specialty series. Came out to be a little more than a pint and the bottle was corked and wired. It was very malty and very hoppy. Extremely so. Fabulous! It reminded me of all those BIG beers I tried to brew when I was just starting to make my own. I thought I was doing something wrong, but it turns out it was pretty good. I wish I'd appreciated it more when I was drinking it. I think I should try something like that again soon.

Originally Posted By: gonzo
Is this a record for this section.Lotta replies!!

For this thread, yes.
The longest thread is the "investors, come in please!" thread in general and off topic.

Sounds tasty!!

I got a full Wyeast flyer at the county fair.......it's been about 10+ years since I last brewed or even much read/thought about homebrewing - wowser there are TON of new yeasts with all kinds of wild critters....

I was drinking Unibroue yesterday. Had a bottle of U Rousse and a pint Éphémère yesterday. Rousse is along the lines of an european dark lager and Éphémère is an ale with apple flavoring. Both very delicious..!

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Trying Spaten Oktoberfest right now. Not bad, but I think I still prefer the regular Spaten Premium better.

Spaten's best are Optimator and Premium. I also like Paulaner Octoberfest and Celebrator Doppelbock

Just cracked open homebrew batch 003 last night, which is an IPA Tripel. Not bad at all! Nice soft bready yeasty flavors you anticipate from a Belgian, but with a nice crisp citrus hops finish.

It's a great time to get into micro brewed beer, there's so much to choose from these days. The US breweries have by far surpassed the European brewers by leaps and bounds when it comes to amazing beers. European green bottle beers used to be the best thing going, but the Europeans have stagnated with boring traditional styles while the US breweries are crafting amazing new things.

I like a lot of the Micro beers. Fall is my favorite time for the seasonal beers. Marzens (octoberfest, fest beers) are my favorites. I enjoy dunkels, and a good pilsner, and some of the hoppy beers.

As far as Macro's Genessee Cream ale in bottles is a good summer lawm mower beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back