Let's talk about some of the other NHL teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I have to admit that I am surprised how well and how bad some of the NHL expansion teams are doing. Last time I saw, Columbus Blue Jackets were 2nd place in division. Winnipeg Jets and predators are 1st and 2nd. Other teams like Kings, Blackhawks and well known teams this year just suck.

I hope sometime before I die to see a Blue Jackets and Kings or Avalanche Stanley Cup
wink.gif

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by PimTac
Just wait for the Totems.

The wha?

Surprised that a hockey fan didn't know this. The team name is still up in the air but the original Seattle Torems did win a Stanley Cup so there is some history and sentiment there.

And I don't even watch hockey.

Didn't know there was a Seattle Totems in NHL. THey were in the WHL
wink.gif

odd that the Seattle Metropolitans were around for only 9 seasons
wink.gif

I probably have teams mixed up. Oh well. Told you I don't follow the sport.

They are making a big deal about it in Seattle. I hope it goes well. They are renovating the old Coliseum for the umpteenth time as their new home and also hopes to get basketball back as well.

Originally Posted by PimTac
I probably have teams mixed up. Oh well. Told you I don't follow the sport.

They are making a big deal about it in Seattle. I hope it goes well. They are renovating the old Coliseum for the umpteenth time as their new home and also hopes to get basketball back as well.

PimTac you are correct. Must have been the Double IPA gettin to my old brain.

It would be nice to have a NHL team in Seattle
wink.gif

I had to look it up. The Metropolitans won the Stanley Cup. My mistake.

It seems the three popular names in the running are the Metropolitans, the Totems which right now is the popular favorite and the Sockeyes.

They are building s huge practice facility in the north end of town with three full sized ice rinks, two of which will be open to the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back