Let's see your FireFox Themes....

Status
Not open for further replies.
offtopic.gif

I see you have Adblock. Does that stop pop-ups as well? I get a popup once in a while even with the built in blocker in FF.

I really haven't seen anything pop up on FF, but I don't know if that has anything to do with the adblock...it might, though

adblock doesn't stop anything automatically. when/if you see annoying ads/banners on a webpage, you can right click on them and "block" them, and they vanish, and sometimes you can block that whole "frame", which blocks the new ads which appear on that area...this helps the page to load a lot quicker. sometimes the ads appear with a little tab which says "adblock", because adblock does detect them automatically, but as i said, you have to tell it to get rid of the ad.

Read more here:
Adblock...

quote:

Originally posted by Drew99GT:
offtopic.gif

I see you have Adblock. Does that stop pop-ups as well? I get a popup once in a while even with the built in blocker in FF.

I have Adblock. It does pretty good job, but occasionally one gets by. Most of them seem to be popunders. Maybe 4 or 5 a week and I spec a lot of time online. I usually just manually block the entire offending popup source website when that happens.

Thanks fellas. 97tbird, I see you have IE View. That's agreat little extension for pages that won't work right in FF. I used to have a I.E. Tab and realized after a while that it doesn't support encryption, so I was doing banking and such with no encryption
pat.gif
Thankfully IE view just goes right to Exploder.

quote:

Originally posted by 97tbird:
I really haven't seen anything pop up on FF, but I don't know if that has anything to do with the adblock...it might, though

adblock doesn't stop anything automatically. ....

You can find adblock filter files online, Google ablock filters.

I haven't bothered to use pre-made adbolck filters. Between Firefoxes generally good behavior and the ease of use of blocking new sites with Adblock it hasn't been worth the effort.

Pablo,

Looks nice, Pablo!

do tell, which theme is that? I like the grey look and the compactness of your theme...

and what do "no script" and "abc inline" (spell check?) do ?
are those FF extentions?

Windows XP with add-on Vista Theme, TabBrowser preferences extension, ForecastFox, McAfee Site Advisor (not pictured as it's on the bottom of the screen) and the FF silvery theme.

-

Theme is called LittleFox (I obviously don't like those large themes)

Yeah - the inline button is Spellbound

And yes you need No Script.

I have about 30 extensions.

For all you guys who use FF...

I've been trying to customize the way my FF 1.5 looks with different themes, and I was wondering what "themes"/looks others have on their FF.

Right now, I'm using the theme "Orbit yello 2006"...and it's ok, but I'm not 100% satisfied yet. when I upgraded to 1.5 from 1.0.7, I lost the "modern pinball" theme I had which I liked very much (the current pinball version is somehow very small when I install it)...

and I STILL can't figure out how to change/modify the fonts on the browser theme...
frown.gif

so here's a screenshot of the top of my ff browser...and I hope others chime in with theirs...:

-

(mods: if this is more suitable for photo section, pls move...)

I have the extention called 1-click weather, which is great. never tried forecast fox...all together I think I have about 7 extentions, but researching on more...
will post again if i update my theme...

well, to give this thread a kick upwards, and to show the slight upgrade to my existing theme, here's a screenshot of mine again:
The changes: Found a great MMD-3 Winamp skin that minimizes itself on top of the browser(or anywhere), now displaying only the icons in FF, and the addition of tabmix plus extention..and moved some icons around a bit...there are 70 colors for that winamp skin, but very few that matches a silver XP theme...:

-

yeah, and one you start, you can't stop...I didn't even eat lunch yesterday
shocked.gif

(I wish I had windowblinds or similar software, with which you can change XP totally, and load 1000's of themes from designers on the web)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back