Let's play name that oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
What oil do you think this is? I can tell it isnt energy conserving... The pic was from Indonesia...

-

From this page:

http://www.news.navy.mil/view_single.asp?id=20709

JMH

Is he even doing it right? I thought the bottle opening was supposed to be on the high side of the bottle to let air in and keep the "glugs" out. There's even a molded handle to help him, and it's on the wrong side. I'd have also made him remove all that foil lest some wind up in the motor and clog a passage.

That turqoise thing by the guy's finger looks like "SAE 40" and the donut, while illegible, looks like a monograde oil.

That sailor has the BITOG studious face down pat though.
patriot.gif

quote:

Originally posted by eljefino:
Is he even doing it right? I thought the bottle opening was supposed to be on the high side of the bottle to let air in and keep the "glugs" out. There's even a molded handle to help him, and it's on the wrong side. I'd have also made him remove all that foil lest some wind up in the motor and clog a passage.

That turqoise thing by the guy's finger looks like "SAE 40" and the donut, while illegible, looks like a monograde oil.

That sailor has the BITOG studious face down pat though.
patriot.gif

You know, sometimes I prefer to pour funny shaped bottles (M1 typically) 'upside down' Somehow it gives me a bit more control, or at least I think it does. Allows me to get a slower pour, and more control with a full bottle when the opening is far from the bottle mouth.

JMH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back