Let's not blow a tire here....off to DT we go...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: HWEaton
Mastercraft Touring LSR's.

Great choice (CS4's sister tire), but it means I would have to go to Belle Tire, a place that has [censored] me off bad recently...

Well, my local DT has changed quite a few things...looks like they are getting rid of quite a few tires!!!

Final choice: General Altimax RT

Due to the winter storms, they will not be installed until next week...will even try to get some pics....

$105.00 in rebates....under 400 out the door...even got the reaplacement warranty...

The final choice was between the Yokos and the RTs, guy told my michelins would be a waste for my driving style...
crackmeup2.gif

Update @ 100 miles...

Of course they're better!

Loving the stiffer side walls...car corners very well now...

Note: It's true they feel like rocks under 32 degrees....

Update @ 800 miles...

Breaking in quite nicely! Gives the car a slightly "sportier" feel, if you could say that about a small round 14 inch tires...

Otherwise, Happy so far....

(planning a trip to put some real miles on these tires....)

195 70 14 is what the BMWs I have came with. I am prolly one of the last E 28s on the stock wheels. I love the ride, and they handle well enough.

Update @ 1100 miles (yeah, miles are not moving fast enough)

Got to take it on a few short trips...I like the way these tires handle on the freeway....

I picked up a set of OEM wheels and tires for my HX Civic that came with basically new Altimax HPs - no complaints so far. Seem like a good brand and handle quite well for 14s too.

Originally Posted By: surfstar
I picked up a set of OEM wheels and tires for my HX Civic that came with basically new Altimax HPs - no complaints so far. Seem like a good brand and handle quite well for 14s too.

Thinking about those for my Balt....

Figured why not, update the old tires.....

The "older" generals (RTs) are doing well a little over twyo years later-there is a tad over 5k on them now (Yeah, has not been used as much) There is very little wear, and they even were rotated once already...

Still, good tires for the money. the only issue that I have with them is they get hard as rocks when it gets cold....

I figure if these were good, I'll really like the RT43s.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back