Lets go fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tn.?
Where do you float that baby.
lol.gif

I fish with waders on in 4 ft water. Im almost 6'5 so unless a copperhead gets close thats all I do. Take my .22lr Walther P22QD with me and CCI Stingers for snake,varmint, or ccw.

Eh... call me a snob, but any boat designer who puts a window that long below the gunwale is not building a serious offshore boat. Anyone want to bet whether it will be leaking in 15 years?

Also, 52 GPH at cruise for a boat of that size and shape?? What are we running, an unlimited hydroplane? A pair of turbodiesel inboards may actually be cheaper to run and maintain vs 4 supercharged gas engines.

The lower control station’s wall of electronics (I mean, the dashboard) looks like it’s so high, it’s obscuring the visibility of any captain who’s not really tall...that’s the last thing I want when operating in adverse conditions from the lower helm.

Finally, I get a chuckle watching the Boattest.com crew docking a 3/4 of a million dollar yacht without attaching fenders to the boat. Having a joystick control does not exonerate one from needing to know how to dock a boat in the traditional manner. I’ve seen early versions of these systems fail, and I’ve seen the weather/sea conditions overcome their capabilities when docking, leaving newly minted captains with wallets larger than their skill set, scaring the [censored] out of everyone in the marina or causing property damage. Too bad nobody really does objective boat tests anymore, pointing out a few criticisms, suggestions, or comparisons. These sorts of “reviews” are like glorified press releases, more often than not.

I’ll get off my soapbox now...

Originally Posted By: terminaldegree
Eh... call me a snob, but any boat designer who puts a window that long below the gunwale is not building a serious offshore boat. Anyone want to bet whether it will be leaking in 15 years?

Also, 52 GPH at cruise for a boat of that size and shape?? What are we running, an unlimited hydroplane? A pair of turbodiesel inboards may actually be cheaper to run and maintain vs 4 supercharged gas engines.

The lower control station’s wall of electronics (I mean, the dashboard) looks like it’s so high, it’s obscuring the visibility of any captain who’s not really tall...that’s the last thing I want when operating in adverse conditions from the lower helm.

Finally, I get a chuckle watching the Boattest.com crew docking a 3/4 of a million dollar yacht without attaching fenders to the boat. Having a joystick control does not exonerate one from needing to know how to dock a boat in the traditional manner. I’ve seen early versions of these systems fail, and I’ve seen the weather/sea conditions overcome their capabilities when docking, leaving newly minted captains with wallets larger than their skill set, scaring the [censored] out of everyone in the marina or causing property damage. Too bad nobody really does objective boat tests anymore, pointing out a few criticisms, suggestions, or comparisons. These sorts of “reviews” are like glorified press releases, more often than not.

I’ll get off my soapbox now...

Yeah, you are a snob. I'll bet hanging out with you around a marina is pure joy, flowers, and sunshine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back