Let Oil Companies Drill More

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Shannow

They pay taxes, so therefore should be able to decide what they do with public property ?

Wheres the baselesslessness in THAT argument LOL.

Considering I never have made that argument....

Straw indeed.

Well what exactly WAS your point about them paying taxes, in response to my statement about public lands ?

Originally Posted By: Tempest
Originally Posted By: BigBuck
How about they invest in something renewable. Be the first big name in a different source of clean, plentiful, and inexpensive power. Who cares if they don't make as much money.

Greedy.

So I take it that you are dumping every free dime of your money into "something renewable"?

If not, then you are greedy by your own standard.

I'm not perfect, but I do my part. What we do to our Earth is ridiculous. We wouldn't destroy our home but our planet is fair game. It's got to stop sometime before we get to a point that we can't get back from.

Originally Posted By: LTVibe
Originally Posted By: BigBuck
How about they invest in something renewable...

Exxon Sinks $600M Into Algae-Based Biofuels

ExxonMobil Puts Over $100 Million Into Renewable Energy Research

Exxon Investments Into Alt Energy Signal 'Paradigm Shift' for Big Oil

Quote:
Breaking from years of steadfast commitment to fossil fuels, the behemoth has announced big investments in electric cars, unconventional natural gas and algae-based biofuels (Greenwire, July 14).

That's good. They need more.
Some people smart enough to know what is going on. It is those who care only about money who don't care how we give the world to our children that really makes me wonder how ignorant people can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back