Lessons Learned Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, this is a great forum. Thanks to all who routinely share their knowledge. I have a Ram 1500 with a 5.9, 70K miles. I am the original owner and have run season dependent oil from 10-30 Syn Blend or synthetics in the winter to 15-40 PZL LL in the San Antonio summers. OCI has been 3-4K since new. Uses no oil between changes. Like millions, I have run F*** (although Tough Guard, not the orange death). No known filter failures, but valve noise at startup always bugged me. After digging through a ton of posts here, I went to a Pure One and Rotella T 5W-40. No noise. I am a convert for life. I had already made the jump to Pure One and M1 5W20 in my wife's Honda Pilot (that was really really hard for someone who grew up on 10W-40 Dino). Thanks again to all of you who frequent this forum and share your expertise.

Well
welcome.gif

Now that you have reached awakening, enlightenment and meditation follows (poor allusion to Zen philosophy). Have you consider UOA's? Magnetic oil plug? Forget the magnetic wraps around the oil filter, oil flows too fast for them to trap anything. You will learn the ways of the masters
wink.gif

Plan to do one at 4K on this oil. Hadnt picked up on the magnetic plug, but will add that to the trick bag. Thanks.

quote:

Originally posted by rg144:
Have you consider UOA's? Magnetic oil plug? Forget the magnetic wraps around the oil filter, oil flows too fast for them to trap anything. You will learn the ways of the masters
wink.gif

cool.gif
Superplug.com . Expensive, delivery is via slow boat from Texas, but they sure do pick up a ton of junk.
cheers.gif

Only time the boat is slow from Texas is when it's headed north and leaves the state. Since he lives in my all time favorite city, the beautiful SA, should be no problem getting a super plug.
grin.gif

By the way
welcome.gif
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back