Less exterior Christmas lights out than in the past?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The family took a drive the other night to look at Christmas lights. It sure does seem like there's less exterior Christmas lights on houses than there used to be in the past.

Have you noticed that in your area?

I have noticed less lights in the neighborhood.

There's always some crazy family on the news that has 75,000 lights on their house with Xmas music.

I've noticed (imagined?) that Christmas fervor is on a 2 year cycle.
One year louder and more jovial. Less so the next year. Repeat.

Christmas is just OK in my book. It's an excessive thing we do for children and that's good to whatever degree.
And yes, I am all for parties and amping up the romance (Christmas giving ha-ha)
But let's be frank for a moment. Rolling out the same decorations and hearing the same playlists HAS TO be boring by definition.
I know it is for me.

Was just talking about this topic last nite on the phone with one of my best friends. Less and less lights each year it seems and more and more inflatables.

Originally Posted by ZZman
The family took a drive the other night to look at Christmas lights. It sure does seem like there's less exterior Christmas lights on houses than there used to be in the past.

Nope a street out of Plaistow, NH is always lit up. and was again.
I drove past it coming back from a Wake last night.

It was magical!

Now our house looks like its condemed and abandoned.

Originally Posted by Alfred_B
There are quicker decorations nowadays like the inflatables or the light projectors.

Man I hate these "Walmart trash" inflatables just tossed around the front yard..

Except One. This guy has been putting up a "Frosty the Snowman" for years.

Just one blow-up with some other stuff: lighted outdoor tree and Sleigh and Reindeer.

Done like a movie set. Tasteful.

My daughter lives a few blocks away from this Christmas cheer in central Illinois, which I saw in July:

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Originally Posted by ZZman

It's a Michigan thing. Residents here want to beat-up Santa Claus and get DNR hunting permits to eat the reindeer.....lol

Last edited:
Originally Posted by doitmyself
My daughter lives a few blocks away from this Christmas cheer in central Illinois, which I saw in July
^ The first step to getting better is admitting to yourself you've got a problem!

We did programmable multi-color fixtures/transformers for our landscape lights this year. Rest of the 'hood is still decorated tastefully as in years past.
smile.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9x24jVDG9o

Originally Posted by Donald
Anyone have better lights than Clark did in the 1989 movie?

Watch it every year for the car under the semi and cat getting fried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back