LEGO: USS Truman (CVN-75)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can read more about the creator online. It is good to know not all Germans despise the United States. Apparently, this guy saw a documentary of the Carrier and that wildly intrigued him. Icing on the cake was the Truman crew inviting him aboard when they got wind of his ambitious endeavor! Sources say this scaled behemoth is 10ft by 4ft comprised of 300,000 pieces.

Bravo Zero!

http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/article.html?in_article_id=30901&in_page_id=2

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=126969

Originally Posted By: outrun
It is good to know not all Germans despise the United States.

Until now, who or what gave you the impression that all Germans were despising the United States? In any case, I'm surely happy that the LEGO fan could change your (erroneous) view.
grin2.gif

Yeah. Why would they hate us? We probably provide most of their slap stick and dark comedy and don't even known any better.

Originally Posted By: moribundman
It is good to know not all Germans despise the United States.

Until now, who or what gave you the impression that all Germans were despising the United States? In any case, I'm surely happy that the LEGO fan could change your (erroneous) view.
grin2.gif

Some people don't get out much.

Originally Posted By: XS650
Some people don't get out much.

That's the one thing nobody ever seems to use an excuse, though: "Hey, yeah, I'm sorry, I maybe mistaken about that. I just don't get out that much."
LOL.gif

Besides, everyone knows Germans love David Hasselhoff -- and he's as American as pie!
grin2.gif

"Some people don't get out much."

Oh really? I get out much and am more international than you know.

As a State Department Staffer now I work with many German and European diplomats and foreign nationals and repeatedly they make scathing remarks to me about the US unofficially during our after hours conversations. Most of the time I am outnumbered and have to suck in those irrational criticisms as my blood boils I feel they are personally attacking me and my country of birth. An overwhelming of them blame us for the worlds problems as irrational and baseless as that is. This level of Anti-Americanism (and budding anti-NATO sentiment) blows my mind and nauseates me. On the contrary East Europeans have been much kinder in this regard (compared to there West European breathern).

This article surprised me as I would have expected a Czech, Pole or Hungarian to have made this project first.

Tisk-Tisk on your analysis of me. I suggest you walk in my shoes in Washington and then lets talk about getting out more.

Last edited:
You work for the State Dept. & was suprised to learn that not all Germans hate the US? I assumed your statement was tongue in cheek, but am now left wondering. I don't know why I'm suprised though. Many government workers don't have a clue about the real world.

It seems to be a majority bear some kind of love hate relationship with the US. Of course the diplomats typically represent the elites on there end so thier remarks are bit more centrist. The gripes however are constant, but have waned since the election to an extent.

It is not that I was not surprised more than after all the remarks it was a welcome reading to the start of my day.

On government workers, at least those who I have had the honor of working with are extremely experianced and wise. I only regret that tmy position is temporary until graduate school begins
frown.gif

Perhaps I should have begun this thread referring to Beligians if that would please the board more
wink.gif
Many here underestimate the levels of arrogance that have frothed over in Western Europe against the US. Yes, this was tongue in cheek, to small extent.

Last edited:
Maybe you should build a LEGO sculpture of the Alamo and send it to those arrogant Germans. Then they'll see at least you, if not all Americans, in a totally different light. Any accompanying note should be written in passable Standard English for best effect.
wink.gif

Perhaps a LEGO Hindenburg or Battleship Bismarck would be a better idea? They were engineering marvels of thier time but overshadowed by the Third Reich's dark spectre. Actually scratch that thought, this would run contrary to 60+ years of Denazification efforts. Many Germans have also told me they do not understand America's continued fascination with the war either. One even remarked that walking through the WWII section at Barnes & Noble made him "uneasy."

Finally, referring to your "standard english" remark unfortunately this window lacks MS Office 2007 type real time editing. Forgive my casual typos, the edit option closes preventing me from after the fact message corrections. Maybe the accompanying note should instead be a comprehensive apology for all American Foreign policy decisions since 1945 to best appease the all knowing German detractors?

Last edited:

Perhaps a LEGO Hindenburg or Battleship Bismarck would be a better idea?

But every German tourist who visits Texas stops by the Alamo!
LOL.gif

I'm just glad my American friends have views and opinions very different from those you display. Then again, I probably surround myself with different types of people compared to you, which isn't surprising, since I don't care for either Texas (Though Daisy sour cream is my domestic favorite) or DC.
wink.gif

60+ years of Denazification efforts.

What are you trying to say?
LOL.gif

Finally, referring to your "standard english" remark unfortunately this window lacks MS Office 2007 type real time editing. Forgive my casual typos, the edit option closes preventing me from after the fact message corrections.

Sorry to hear you require specific software in order to compensate for the lack of basic skills.
grin2.gif

Quote:
We have long been resented all over the world for our success

If you understand where that success came from, you would understand that we're "in the way" for "everyone else". It's not jealousy ...it's frustration as in "you can't get there from here". Look at what it costs us to develop China just an little bit?? It couldn't happen any other way since we've got it all.

We do treat our western affiliates better than most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back