Leftover Synpower, shall I mix it with SOPUS oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got 1L 5W30 Synpower SN oil left.
I only got this jug due to a sale a while back and now I am stocked up with SOPUS oil - PYB, Motomaster F1(similar to Formula Shell) and PP.

What should I do with the leftover? The add. pack seems to use sodium as the cleaning agent while SOPUS focuses on using calcium and almost no sodium. I'm not planning to buy more synpower or valvoline soon due to current stockpile.

I have two candidate to put this 1L in.
98 Civic D16 engine that takes 3.3L. Currently has Synpower, want to use PYB next.
01 RX300 1MZFE engine that burns roughly 1L in an OCI when it runs on the highway(my guess). Currently, running Motomaster F1 and no consumption yet for 5K km.

1. Mix Synpower with PYB and use in next OCI on Civic in 2 months or so. Synpower will comprise approximately 30% of total capacity.
2. Dump it into RX300 as makeup oil if it happens. Although, I have leftovers of Motomaster too after each oil change.

Which path shall I take?

blasphemy! How dare you even think of diluting the sopus oil with that snake oil garbage. Just kidding. I would for my truck but for my car I like to keep it the same oil. doubt it matters though.

Either one works. Although it's not ideal, the oils are compatible so you can do either of the options you mentioned without any issues/concerns.

Personally, I'd use it as top up oil. But like I said, you can do either of the options you mentioned without any issues.

Give that garbage to someone you speak to but don't really like. Not kidding.

Originally Posted By: abycat
blasphemy! How dare you even think of diluting the sopus oil with that snake oil garbage. Just kidding.

Mix away and don't worry about it. Every oil youve mentioned says 'compatible with all other motor oils.'

You can mix any oil these days and not have any issues
This is not 1970,even though I wish it was

I topped off with sopus (5w20 PP) on my Fit which was running 0w20 Synpower - the engine responded well to the moly and it didn't blow up.

Originally Posted By: Oil Changer
Give that garbage to someone you speak to but don't really like. Not kidding.

Originally Posted By: abycat
blasphemy! How dare you even think of diluting the sopus oil with that snake oil garbage. Just kidding.

Any number of us here as well as many elsewhere have had good results using all of "that garbage", including the ATF.

The engine probably has about a good chunk of old oil in it compared to dry when you do a drain fill; so unless you're double changing (flushing) your oil every time; then you're mixing anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back