Leaving Fayetteville, North Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJC

I received my batch of of WIX 51348 filters from Rockauto ... After I've used up my batch of Bosch 3330 and then Mann, I'm done with easily-torn filter media.

I'll cut this one after 8K KM's and conduct a post mortem.

You'll like it in Gastonia
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
You'll like it in Gastonia
smile.gif

Thanks ... saved me some searching.
55.gif

So if I understand you correctly, you're travelling from the Coastal Plain to the Piedmont of NC. Depending on traffic about three hours or so by car. Safe trip.

Neither place has decent BBQ IMO. Although Gaston County claims to be the birthplace of the chili-cheese burger with slaw, aka Carolina Burger.

Originally Posted By: Egg_Head
Neither place has decent BBQ IMO. Although Gaston County claims to be the birthplace of the chili-cheese burger with slaw, aka Carolina Burger.

Though certainly no authority, I find Ole Carolina (formerly Carolina Country BBQ) to be respectable if not plainly authentic like Lexington. Not far, head up 74 to Shelby and Bridges BBQ Lodge not too shabby either 'imo'.

Don't know about Fayetteville BBQ.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac

Though certainly no authority, I find Ole Carolina (formerly Carolina Country BBQ) to be respectable if not plainly authentic like Lexington. Not far, head up 74 to Shelby and Bridges BBQ Lodge not too shabby either 'imo'.

Don't know about Fayetteville BBQ.

Red Bridges on highway 74 is good, but I prefer Alston Bridges on highway 18. Red and Alston were trained by the same BBQ master. The article below is a good read about it.

https://www.ourstate.com/shelby/

Both Bridges BBQ are top shelf, Red Bridges is open Sundays and is right on US 74 traveling to Asheville. Their tea is so sweet it'll knock your boots off. I would not schedule business in Shelby on Tuesdays b/c it's closed that day.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
So if I understand you correctly, you're travelling from the Coastal Plain to the Piedmont of NC. Depending on traffic about three hours or so by car. Safe trip.

I'm on a West Coastal plain in Vancouver BC ... or about 3,000 miles from Fayetteville. But I'm only leaving the Purolator / Mann / Bosch plant and heading 1hr over to Gasonia.

And now we're discussing BBQ?
beer3.gif

^^^I understood the figurative meaning of the title as it related to the body of the post. So I replied with a figurative explanation of the journey you are making. However, unless you are flying in private aircraft it will take more than one hour to make the trip. FYI, Gastonia does have a small airport to fly in to and it's just down the road from Wix HQ.
smile.gif

And yes, no discussion of North Carolina is complete without at least some reference to or discussion of barbeque, sometimes/often pronounced Bobby-Q. Pork BBQ in this case.
Both Bridges BBQ are top shelf, Red Bridges is open Sundays and is right on US 74 traveling to Asheville. Their tea is so sweet it'll knock your boots off. I would not schedule business in Shelby on Tuesdays b/c it's closed that day.

I've been to both too. Been a while so I had forgotten how sweet the tea is, probably a little too sweet for my liking but I have it nonetheless. The BBQ Lodge a little more convenient as it's right on 74. Funny the you scheduled no business in Shelby on Tuesdays. Now that's a serious barbeque guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back