Leaky Washer Fluid Reservoir '98 Lexus LS 400

While I was fiddling around changing my front brake pads, I noticed som orange fluid dripping from the front fender. Knowing that was washer
fluid, I did more investigating and the reservoir is leaking from the little round plug in the very bottom of the reservoir. This inch or so round plug
has 2 tiny wires coming out and the washer fluid is dripping down those two small wires. Any suggestions on how to fix? Or do I need a new
reservoir?

I guess that’s what the wires are going to. The Pump. Since it seems to be leaking down the wires, a grommet, seal, or O ring might not be the answer. I probably need a new pump?

I guess that’s what the wires are going to. The Pump. Since it seems to be leaking down the wires, a grommet, seal, or O ring might not be the answer. I probably need a new pump?

Let me see if I can find a parts diagram, usually there is a grommets or other type of seal that the pump pushes into or on. It does not always come with the pump.

Ok. I got it. It’s the level sensor. Thanks y’all.

I won’t have to remove the reservoir. Plug and play, I think.

Let me see if I can find a parts diagram, usually there is a grommets or other type of seal that the pump pushes into or on. It does not always come with the pump.
That would seal the deal. Thanks!

Yes sir. The “local” guy in Greensboro told me he couldn’t get the parts but recommended some guy in California. Works like a charm now.

No more physical abuse to my right wrist. LOL

Back