Leaking Engine ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ndx

Hello my friends,

My friend from EU owns Mazda 626.
Car had engine rebuild 40K Km agoo ... Engine was working like new super quiet dry .. no leaks ...

Then he got .. Oil change ... They overfilled oil not sure by how much ... As well they forgot to tighten filter ...

Now after some driving car created a leak top of the engine ... I wonder if to much oil could create problem like this.

Thank You Guys!

He may have blown a gasket due to too much oil. Oil may also have gotten into the exhaust and killed his cat (if he had one).

But it would have to be overfilled by quite a bit. Just a little over the max on the dipstick shouldn't have caused such issues.

Last edited:
I guess you would know more and responses would be affected by how much it was over filled by? If it was overfilled by a couple of quarts, then that could have caused some major trouble.

As for the loose filter, unless it was really loose, then no issues there. Engines usually have some suction that will pull it on tight.

The crankcase pressure may have been higher with more oil, and there certainly would be more oil flinging around.
I'd get a complaint in writing, but time may show that everything is OK with the proper oil level and a proper filter tightening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back