Leaking Carb - GX 160

Status
Not open for further replies.
OPE is not my forte guys....
Taking advantage of the last summer friday from work and plan to work a a GX160 engine/carb snowblower. The last time I looked, it ran fine when pulled, just all the gasoline would leak out from the carb area.
That's all I remember.

I plan to pull the cover off, put some gasoline and and at least determine where it's leaking from.....

Thoughts, suggestions, some primers on what to look for, etc, etc.

Remove and shake the float to see if there's gas inside it. If there is..... replace it with a new one.

??

I drained the carb on it prior to storing it away.
So you're saying remove the float and see if theres *liquid* inside of the float...

your carb is more than likley leaking at the needel.
remove the carb and throw it in the trash. Take your Mower modle and ser to your local honda ope dealer and buy a new carb. that carb is only like 28$. If it were not so cheep I'd reccomend replacing the needel, but the seat on that carb is alunminum and not serviceable. That may lead to wasted time and the combined price of the gasket set and needel set almost totals the carb. good luck. 660

Man, so sorry. I looked right at that and somehow read gcv160.
Gasket set and needle set are most diffidently cheaper than replacing the whole part. BTW in over 5yrs of repairing Honda carbs I have not seen a plastic float failure. I clean the seat with rubbing compound and a q-tip. Youtube "rebuilding a gx160 carb".

After the fix, it would be good to also install an in-line fuel shutoff valve and close it after every use. I've seen crank cases load with fuel.

The choke on the model specific is different than than when I just ~googled~ gx160 carb.

Between shipping costs - which is always the initial outlay, I might as well just order a new carb rather than replacing the needle and hoping that that was just it. Whaddya guys thing...

GX160 carb here

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260737910523?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

The one specific for my machine here
HS621 Carb

Last edited:
Just get a carb kit
06.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back