LC20 and FP60 no longer in vogue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just used up the last of my "old" (at least a couple of years old) stash of LC20. I haven't used FP60 in some time. I was an avid user of both of these products at one time but stopped using them. I notice there is almost no discussion about them here anymore. I typically run PP Platinum or QSUD in the vehicles these days and run top-tier gas in both (usually Shell when I can get it). I was considering ordering some more of both but am not sure the advantages outweigh the cost of the stuff.

I don't use/add stoddard solvent in my oil/gas at all. Never believe in the benefits of stoddard solvent in oil.

I still have some LC20 that I use regularly in my small mower engines, etc. Also use it infrequently on my dad's civic, friend's 97 1.6EL, etc.

My 2c's worth.

Q.

I still use the LC20 at oil change time but usually forget to top off with it after the change. Also use the Schaeffers 132 with the LC20 at oil change.

Even after all these years no real idea if it makes any difference but my youngest car is 10 years old and oldest is almost 20 so who knows

Spector, with 10-20 year old vehicles in your stable I think you answered your own question. At a minimum the LC20 likely provides some measurable benefit. That is respectable enough.

This thread proves you should not always believe what you read on Internet forums. Do your engine a favor and give it some TLC!

Last edited:
I think the stoddard solvent comment was in response to the person who posted he used MMO in his vehicle, right above his comment.

Originally Posted By: Spector
I still use the LC20 at oil change time but usually forget to top off with it after the change. Also use the Schaeffers 132 with the LC20 at oil change.

Even after all these years no real idea if it makes any difference but my youngest car is 10 years old and oldest is almost 20 so who knows

Me too, on new through 31yo vehicles.

I've only had good results after 7 or 8 years of using LCD products like LC 20 / FP 60 in all our family vehicles.

I have a Duramax, a bunch of Subaru Outbacks, VW TDI's , BMW 3 Series, and a Jeep Cherokee.

I have been pretty good at using the products frequent but not all the time.

The real question is how to determine what are good results? Really it is more like no bad results, no problems with any vehicle, every vehicle runs great... over a lot a miles on a lot a of different engines with lots of family members driving.

Last edited:
addguy: I'm sure you are right...I just didn't want others doing what I did and start to think Quest was calling LC20 a stoddard solvent... I'm glad LC paid this thread a visit...

What do you guys think about LC with G-oil? Finally got the G-oil in my wife's car, but was cautious about the LC. Am I worried for nothing?

Likely so. Why would you be worried? LC will help prevent oxidation, which can be an issue with plant based lubes.

The LCD products don't bring a lot of conversation because they're a preventative rather than a cure.
I have used used them both on two ten year vehicles since new, now w/150k and 210k miles respectively with no fuel issues. I don't think it was luck.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Likely so. Why would you be worried? LC will help prevent oxidation, which can be an issue with plant based lubes.

G-oil Beef Tallow based.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back