LC questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about ordering a bottle of LC for my Cherokee. Have a couple questions...

4.0 engine has nearly 200k on it. It's designed for 87 octane, but pings slightly on it under heavy load. Should I try putting some LC into each cylinder through the spark plug hole?

Also, power steering and transmission fluid are rather dirty even after being flushed. Both currently work perfectly. Is there *ANY* chance that adding LC to either of these could cause bad things to happen? I don't know much about how those two things work...

I have 96 Cherokee 4.0 engine, I put FP&LC on my jeep regularly.

quote:

4.0 engine has nearly 200k on it. It's designed for 87 octane, but pings slightly on it under heavy load. Should I try putting some LC into each cylinder through the spark plug hole?

LC is just break down the carbons. Try Fuel Power, I put every 1-3oz of FP dosage in the gas tank and fill up gas. Fuel Power supposed reduce the pings and cleaner. *i am deaf* You should able find many information from this BITOG said it.

quote:

Also, power steering and transmission fluid are rather dirty even after being flushed. Both currently work perfectly. Is there *ANY* chance that adding LC to either of these could cause bad things to happen? I don't know much about how those two things work...

I put 1 oz./30 cc of Lube Control every 10,000 miles for automatic transmissions. The Power Steering gets 5cc (I cant remember how much the LC have put in my power steering).

FP&LC did not cause bad things to happen on my jeep since a year.

I know it shouldn't cause any problems, but I want to know if it's possible. (like putting synthetic oil in a high mileage poorly maintained engine can cause problems) Since both are currently working great, I don't really want to f*** with it if there's a chance I could make it worse.
smile.gif

I am not sure about your motor with 200k, If there is no leaking and you might possible have no problem with syntetic oil. I wouldnt risk it like it did happened to my 1989 VW Jetta GLI (213k miles) end up massive leaking so i had to replace whole gasket (oil pan, head, valve cap gasket). I used run Amsoil 10w-40 highperformance synthetic oil.

If i am in your shoe, I would run LC 16oz to flush internal motor for 15 mins at high idle then drain whole oil out before you can put new fresh 6 qt of oil with 6oz LC. Make sure do not overfill the oil level. It help clean up internal motor and less chance to leak.

You wouldn't believe how bad carbons into oil filter
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back