Lawsuit: Hybrid taxis couldn't handle NYC streets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: nickaluch
...I run izuzu diesiel box trucks in nyc,at 140000 miles the trucks are junk, fffront ends are shot, engines are toast,allison trnas afre slipping,like I said, the streets of nyc are brutal

Did you type that on an Isuzu keyboard?

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
It's the side effect of the driving experience over 140k on NYC streets in an Isuzu diesel...

Or the direct effect of typing it while riding on NYC streets in an Isuzu diesel.
LOL.gif

This is edumacational. I always liked the nice space efficient looking package that those trucks are. Too bad they fall apart.

Originally Posted By: ekpolk
Originally Posted By: battyice

My 2001 Grand Marquis gets 17-18 mpg in the city, with or without 3 passangers and a trunk full of bags. Since it has the same engine and gear ratio as the P72 taxies, I doubt they get 12 mpg.

A Prius gets triple that in the city. A Camry hybrid, at least double. When sitting in line waiting, with AC running, either car can go with no fuel consumption for a half hour, depending upon SoC (state of charge) when you put it in Park. Twelve mpg, 20 mpg -- both are totally awful, at least IMO. If you're not carrying multiple person/heavy cargo fares, every time, I'd go for the hybrid.

You don't have 0 fuel consumption when you're sitting with the engine off and the A/C running. You've just delayed the consumption until the next time the engine starts. Every watt you take out of the battery has to be put back in...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back