lawn mower belt

I needed a new belt for my lawnmower, a Bobcat zero turn. The belt is for the hydraulic pumps, not the cutter deck. I wanted to support the local dealer and get a quality part so I went to the local Bobcat dealer. The price was less than what I expected at $22.
But, is this a generic belt? Or do they get the belts in bulk and package them?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

If it's not labelled with a manufacturer, by definition it's generic.

^ Only because they follow the Snap-on pricing model.

I would never ever reward a company by paying that price, and after seeing what it costs, wouldn't buy that brand again on principle.

Originally Posted by Dave9

I would never ever reward a company by paying that price, and after seeing what it costs, wouldn't buy that brand again on principle.

I checked, yes there are generic belts cheaper in price but by the time you pay for freight, there's not much in savings. Amazon and ebay are priced about the same. I would bet that belt is OEM from his dealer and the price is not that unreasonable. I don't know of any dealers near me selling generic parts.

Last edited:
the 3919 is the length and cross section code. I bought generic from E-Bay and the guy's site was all about belts sized by the code. I ordered the wrong size or the guy shipped me the wrong part. Anyway, the back and forth , was an education on belts.

Originally Posted by Dave9

I checked, yes there are generic belts cheaper in price but by the time you pay for freight, there's not much in savings. Amazon and ebay are priced about the same. I would bet that belt is OEM from his dealer and the price is not that unreasonable. I don't know of any dealers near me selling generic parts.

No they aren't near the same excessive marked up price, nowhere near $100 delivered.

Here's one for $22 delivered, if it's an M84505, or search that # on Amazon and there's an entire page under $40 delivered:

You can even get the OEM brand, for $45 delivered on ebay:

The 261 deck uses a standard B-147, 5/8" to 21/32" range x 150" v-belt. There's nothing special about it. You can even get a major brand like Gates B-147 on ebay for about $35-45 delivered.

Last edited:
Back