Lauren Bacall 1924 - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP Lauren Bacall. She was timeless in "Murder on the Orient Express" and "The Shootist". Thanks for the wonderful memories.

On a personal note, there have far too many great actors/actresses pass away of late.

That famous photo of her on Truman's piano was not her idea.

Bacall, reluctantly, posed on the piano at the request of her press agent Charlie Enfield, who was also publicity chief for Warner Brothers. Bacall later recalled that Truman was a bad piano player. Bess Truman, Harry’s wife, was quite irked according to her daughter Margaret Truman, and ordered Truman not to play the piano in public again.

Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
RIP Lauren Bacall. She was timeless in "Murder on the Orient Express" and "The Shootist". Thanks for the wonderful memories.

On a personal note, there have far too many great actors/actresses pass away of late.

Yes,2 of her later films with her in her 50s, Both excellent.
Bacall's first movie was "To have and To Have Not" with Humphrey Bogart.He was 43 and she was lesss than 20 They fell in love and it is quite obvious. A very erotic film with Walter Brennan and Nazis for comic relief. Also the film noir classic " The Big Sleep"

Originally Posted By: dave1251
May she rest in peace. I did not realize Ms. Bacall was still alive.

Last time I saw her work was on The Sopranos. She did voice work on the Family Guy episode "Mom's the Word back in March this year.

Last edited:
In the past year or so, I've watched To Have & Have Not, Dark Passage, & just recently,Key Largo. I'm bad about letting the TV play yet ignoring it while internettin' on the laptop- but for those movies I put it down & watched. She was a real movie star, there are mighty few left. So long, Slim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back