Latest quad race

Status
Not open for further replies.
My kids race quads in a local cross country (XC) series. I used to race with them, but the years of injuries haven't been kind and I gave it up last summer to concentrate on my kids raceing efforts.

This is my oldest daughter, she's 15. She's been racing for 4 years and has recently moved up to a Kawasaki KFX450R; a very fast machine. She is learning to handle it nicely. She came in first in Ladies A class this round.

IMG_6212.jpg

166045.jpg

This is my middle daughter, aged 12 years. She rides a Yamaha Raptor 125 and has been racing for 5 years. She finished 2nd in class this race.

IMG_6433.jpg

IMG_6511.jpg

Last, but not least, my 9 year old girl. She has been racing for 2 years and currently rides a Yamaha Raptor 90. She regularly wins her class.

IMG_6477.jpg

IMG_6418.jpg

My wife and I love what racing has helped our children become. We wouldn't trade our racing lifestyle for anything.

I just thought it was time I shared this story with my BITOG friends.

Looks fun! That 450 must be a handfull! I was always a dirtbike guy but a few buddies had the old honda 250R's too. Good fun in the dirt!

Originally Posted By: dja4260
2 strokes?

Nope. all are four. Banshee and Blaster were the last of the two smokers...

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
Looks fun! That 450 must be a handfull! I was always a dirtbike guy but a few buddies had the old honda 250R's too. Good fun in the dirt!

The new 450 race quads are super fast even stock and can be made to be even better. In our form of racing 4-stroke 450s dominate because the power is so tractable in the woods, very strong, very predictable powerband.

Stock, most 450 race quads are 36 to 38 horsepower, but usually with only bolt-on additions like exhaust and intake with the accompanying changes in fuel, the horsepower jumps to the 41 to 44 range and even more with some quads. In the woods, at the amateur level that's plenty power to hang onto for a 90 minute race.

Originally Posted By: ccdhowell
Originally Posted By: IndyIan

The new 450 race quads are super fast even stock and can be made to be even better. In our form of racing 4-stroke 450s dominate because the power is so tractable in the woods, very strong, very predictable powerband.

Stock, most 450 race quads are 36 to 38 horsepower, but usually with only bolt-on additions like exhaust and intake with the accompanying changes in fuel, the horsepower jumps to the 41 to 44 range and even more with some quads. In the woods, at the amateur level that's plenty power to hang onto for a 90 minute race.

The 250R's weren't all that fast in a straight line stock, but one guy had his cylinder sent away to somebody that knew what they were doing, switched to race fuel, and his was a rocket. Like toy with the others for 3 gears and then loft the fronts in 4th and put 40 feet on them.
I imagine though, just like with bikes, the 450 4 stroke is a better motor for racing than the 250 two stroke, stock to stock or modded to modded.
I think the 125 would wear me out before 90 minutes, let alone the 450... Good for her to win those races.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back