Latest on Carquest Premium Air Filters?

JHZR2

Staff member
My accord hybrid needs a B12 service that includes the air filter. My usual eBay seller (Brown’s Honda in MD) isn’t offering it. I could go through the dealer or Bernardi or wherever…. I found that AAP has the right filter in stock in their Carquest Premium line.

I’ve noticed that the Honda filters have a yellowish white semi fluffy paper with some oil in it. Not sure if the aftermarket filters get that.

Any thoughts on Carquest Premium before I make the trip to check one out? At $14.99, I’m guaranteed to save a good deal of money if it’s decent. I think the Honda one wholesales for $20-22.

The carquest air filters for the most part are Purolator made. Never had an issue with them. Wouldnt surprise me if that filter is on backorder from Honda at the moment, air filter for a 2012 CRV was 3 weeks ago, drain plug washers and some wiper inserts are on backorder at the moment as well

Well I got it yesterday. Put it in today. It doesn’t fit quite as well as the Honda unit it replaces, but it looks identical, including the oiled media.

F65F8068-22EE-44B5-A965-34647EB3965F.jpeg

CAC38B78-4436-4459-AC08-B38EB2F925BF.jpeg

237A9CF1-4851-423B-97B5-E7D49FE80C7F.jpeg

A2349EFF-E95F-4C1C-A472-A5FDBDBAC641.jpeg

Hindsight would I buy a filter that doesn’t quite fit as well as OE again? No.

It’s also Chinese made (though I think I’ve gotten Honda filters from Vietnam). I didn’t realize or even look until I ripped the package open. Too late at that point.

I called my local advance auto yesterday.bratwurst premium in stock, 98 lesabre. Made in USA on filter.I asked him too look. Mine right jnow,is a.c. Delco, I bought amazon,4 years ago,28,000 miles now.looked yesterday.dirty,but light still goes through media. Made in usa. Went too local napa,napa gold.Made in mexico. I passed on it.
The outcomes are usa made. Called a Levine auto next city,they carry wix. Have a new one coming,Tuesday next week.see if it's usa made it not.
The scariest premiums,since 2016? Have been purpose of made. But quality,compared too a pureone? Dunno.

Back