Last ride together.....

UncleDave

$100 Site Donor 2024
The last ride my friend Mark and I took together but didnt know it at the time....approx 40 years ago....

Mark so loved to ride even a day behind a bigger faster bike ( me on the 125 on the right ) and getting roosted hard didnt blunt his enthusiasm.

I miss you old friend.

Image-2 (1).jpeg

All Forms That Perish, Other Forms Supply, By Turns We Catch The Vital Breath And Die, Like Bubbles ON A Sea Of Matter Born,They Rise And Break And To The Sea Return. Pope I think. I'll be returning to the sea soon.

Did he pass??? If so, sorry for your loss. A person never knows.

Yes.

I moved away to the big city from the small town shortly after this pict and we slowly drifted apart.

I got the news that he had fallen into a bad place and died of a drug overdose in our late 30's.
This was shocking news as Mark and I were completely drug and alcohol free during our time together.

I felt devastated I hadn't done more to stay in touch and its always in the back of my mind I could have made a difference somehow....

The picture was dug out of storage this past week, and I hadn't seen it since the summer of 81...

Last edited:
This kind of experience can be devastating, the sense of loss completely overwhelming. Thank you for sharing the story. I've known some beautiful people killed by drug use. People struggling with this stuff cannot be helped until they want change badly enough, so it's hard to say if your influence would have made a difference, but I understand you just wish you had an opportunity to try to help someone so special to you. Some people hit bottom and get help, but others pay the ultimate price. I will say a prayer for Mark, rest in peace moto buddy.

Back