Last Oil Change in 2018, 14.3k miles ago - used AmSoil Signature Oil and Filter. Am I in trouble?

I bought a 2002 Lexus ES300 a month ago and just realized the last oil change was in 2018, 14.3k miles ago and AmSoil Signature and AmSoil filter was used. Attached is a photo of the engine oil dipstick. Am I in trouble?
BFFECD7A-7208-4F3A-904A-3F44D423BFA5.jpeg

According to Amsoil's marketing claims, nope. You could go another 5-10k miles according to them.

But does the age concern you? AmSoil says 1 year. And I'm guessing the filter is only good until 15k.

According to Amsoil's marketing claims, nope. You could go another 5-10k miles according to them.

Those mileage estimates that Amsoil gives out should be considered as a maximum under the best possible operating conditions. I would say that if someone has any concerns that 15,000 miles tops would be a good maximum interval.

Except they don't claim that. As Pablo once pointed out "people don't read"

• Normal Service – Up to 25,000 miles (40,200 km), 700 hours of operation or one year, whichever comes first, in personal vehicles not operating under severe service.
  • Severe Service – Up to 15,000 miles (24,140 km), 700 hours of operation or one year, whichever comes first. Severe service conditions include commercial or fleet vehicles; excessive idling; or frequent towing, hauling, plowing or driving in dusty conditions

To the OP; I would not be worried in the least. If you need an oil in there for 2 years 14k+ miles more than a few are up to the task. The one in there is one of them.

I bought a 2002 Lexus ES300 a month ago and just realized the last oil change was in 2018, 14.3k miles ago and AmSoil Signature and AmSoil filter was used. Attached is a photo of the engine oil dipstick. Am I in trouble? View attachment 94826
Change it now with Amsoil and follow the manufacturers recommendations for maintenance intervals.

Thank you all. I ordered the AmSoil Flush and AmSoil Signature Oil again but it won't get here until next week. Should I buy a lesser filter like Fram Ultra and Valvoline Max Life oil, and change my oil tomorrow until the good stuff comes in?

Thank you all. I ordered the AmSoil Flush and AmSoil Signature Oil again but it won't get here until next week. Should I buy a lesser filter like Fram Ultra and Valvoline Max Life oil, and change my oil tomorrow until the good stuff comes in?
That's not a bad idea. You should be starting with decently flushed engine. Required to do this? No.

Not at all. Be glad it was Amsoil in there and not something else. That's why I always want a top tier oil in my car just in case I can't get to it.
Thanks. Thoughts on whether I should change it with something lesser until the AmSoil gets in next week?

Thanks. Thoughts on whether I should change it with something lesser until the AmSoil gets in next week?
I would just wait it out at this point. Amsoil has high detergency and from what I've read a pretty significant V base oil. Keeps engines very clean and can probably clean a bit as well.

Curious how you bought a car a month ago, but know the oil was changed 2 years ago with Amsoil? Purchased from relative you maintained it for?

Back