last green GC sample-gold GC in now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well...i just drained out the last of my green GC and will send off for a sample soon (low on cash right now). I poured in 5 qts of Gold GC and in 5K-6K miles we will see how it does. i know this isnt a real big deal but, i know some of you want to know how it does and my engine IS a good candidate for it as its turbo charged, driven hard and running twice the stock boost pressure. if it does as well as the green GC then, we can (should) rejoice!

Also, this stuff smells like the old formulation of BC 5w-40 (close to it) as now the BC no longer smells as it used to. anyway, man is this stuff clear!! wow! wasnt expecting that! its definetely clear with a slight gold/green hue.

lastly, one of my quarts was of the following stock number (manufactur date?):

M050756ATW4410469

quote:

Originally posted by Christopher Jefferson:
well...i just drained out the last of my green GC and will send off for a sample soon (low on cash right now). I poured in 5 qts of Gold GC and in 5K-6K miles we will see how it does. i know this isnt a real big deal but, i know some of you want to know how it does and my engine IS a good candidate for it as its turbo charged, driven hard and running twice the stock boost pressure. if it does as well as the green GC then, we can (should) rejoice!

Also, this stuff smells like the old formulation of BC 5w-40 (close to it) as now the BC no longer smells as it used to. anyway, man is this stuff clear!! wow! wasnt expecting that! its definetely clear with a slight gold/green hue.

lastly, one of my quarts was of the following stock number (manufactur date?):

M050756ATW4410469

March 16, 2005

quote:

i know some of you want to know how it does and my engine IS a good candidate for it as its turbo charged, driven hard and running twice the stock boost pressure. if it does as well as the green GC then, we can (should) rejoice!

Curious to know what car you own?

a 2000 VW Golf 4-door 1.8 Turbo that is one of the few golfs that was actually 'made' in Germany. I think its special....
smile.gif
German car-gets a German oil!

Ive put about 10miles on the oil and i will say that the engine IS way quieter both audibly and physically than it was with the green elixer. we'll see how the UOA's perform however. Im interested greatly in BMW 0w-40 now.

quote:

Im interested greatly in BMW 0w-40 now.

Chris,

I think GC is the better of the two oils even though one is a 40 wt. Go to the Castrol Deutschland website and look at the relative specs of RS 0W-40 and DC Topup (which I think could well be Castrol Gold); stick with GC. I believe it is the better technology...and would be better all around for your 1.8T.

yeah, im leaning towards the GC (which i too think is DCO TopUp or Longtec) as it does seem to be more geared to high drain intervals and as such, i would think is way more 'robust' than the other. However, I am lured to try another oil still though. If my UOA does not come back at least as good as those from the green GC samples then, im definetely switching. (prolly ELF)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back