Lap Band Surgery...joke on TV tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a push down here to have lap band surgery covered under medicare, rather than requiring private health insurance, or personal 100% payment.

Was being discussed on a humour/current affairs (more former than latter).

Comedian stated

"Wouldn't it be cheaper to just tape on a pair of giant mittens ?"

My moms friends husband had it done because he had a chronic eating disorder and this procedure saved his life and he lost over 300lbs and is perfectly healthy today after a few surgeries to remove excess fat he's fine.

My MIL had it done and she has lost weight but she has learned to eat around it..

there was a newspaper article a while back about all the complications that arise from lapband or gastric bypass surgery.. A lady at work had to have emergency surgery because of a twisted intestine over 2 yrs after her gastric bypass surgery..

Brian

I don't see how it can work in the long term. If someone overeats for psychological reasons, if you remove that person's ability to overeat, the person will find some other way of self-destruction.

I agree w/you mori. You can change a person's exterior, but if their heart isn't changed, then have the *really* changed?

I know a couple people who have either had the gastro bypass surgery or the lapband procedure. While they look & feel better, I can't imagine that just eating 1 egg "all day" is good for you.

My wife did it the hard way, w/o surgeries or mittens, she lost 125lbs the via Weight Watchers. While she still struggles with maintaining the weight, she has a sense of self-satisfaction that she earned it. I applaud her for her efforts, it was a hard road for her.

I'm losing weight the old fashioned way, eating less and not eating processed foods. 12 pounds w/o really trying all that hard.

I stressed my wife into a loss of about 100lbs. That's what she says, anyway. I told her there would be consequences to opposing my rule.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
I stressed my wife into a loss of about 100lbs. That's what she says, anyway. I told her there would be consequences to opposing my rule.
You're a meanie!
48.gif

Just buy a restaurant... I lost 35lbs after we (parents & I) bought our restaurant in 2000 and sold it in 2003. I put it back on after we sold it now that I'm a corporate guy.
LOL.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back