Lands End, SF

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a one hour round trip on foot, going very slowly with frequent stops.

http://www.yelp.com/map/lands-end-park-san-francisco

These pictures were taken yesterday, Saturday, evening. Starting at the new parking lot above Cliff House, the trail offers nice views for the laziest of tourists:
DSCF5491b.jpg

All kinds of critters abound. To the left is the open ocean and ahead is the Golden Gate:
DSCF5505b.jpg

Backlight!
DSCF5517b.jpg

After a few minutes on the trail, looking back, one can examine the Veteran's Army hospital's interesting architecture on a hill above:
DSCF5520b.jpg

A Martian war machine, bristling with gear, lurks nearby. Or maybe it's just a standpipe:
DSCF5523b.jpg

How quaint:
DSCF5530b.jpg

Some rich guy's patio, Sea Cliff district. Robin Williams, Sharon Stone, and Cheech Marin own modest houses here:
DSCF5536b.jpg

If you know where to look, you can see the Point Bonita Lighthouse across the bay over in Marin:
DSCF5546b.jpg

On the way back, the obligatory sunset pics:
DSCF5552b.jpg

DSCF5557a.jpg

I remember Playland. The pictures IMO show why the SF Penninsula has some of the highest real estate values in the U.S.A.

That part of cali has a beautiful rocky coast. Too bad about the undertow and sharks everywhere.

They used to have amusement parks at the end of nearly every trolley line, owned by the trolley operator and a nice early example of "vertical integration."

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Too bad about the undertow and sharks everywhere.

There's safety in numbers, and you only have to be thinner than the person swimming or surfing next to you. On a nice day, there are a couple hundred surfers in the waters off Ocean Beach. Shark attacks occur a few times every couple years farther south (Santa Cruz) or farther North (Stinson Beach). I will not go deeper than ankle-deep in the waters around Point Reye. I've seen tell-tale shark fins there too often, sometimes 20 feet from the shore. Besides, there a rip tide can snag pretty much anyone.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
So cool. I'm hankering to move to the coast after I sell all my illicit speculative hedge funds.
smirk2.gif
grin2.gif

Pablo I can hook you up with a mortgage if you like, don't even have to be employed. If you have heap loads of debt I can even finance up to 200% of the homes worth into the mortgage! Plus I can amortize it over 100 years.
LOL.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back