Lame car mfrs web sites

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to me that GM & Ford web sites simply don't have very useful information. Honda for instance, will list interior dimensions and cargo volume behind the seats in the Odyssey, behind the 3rd seat, behind the 2nd seats, behind the front seats. In trying to determine how much useful cargo room is in something like the Suburban, or the Ford Flex, they don't even mention if seats fold or are removable, let alone cargo volume or dimensions. It seems that they are missing out on making their web sites useful. Am I missing something? Or is this an attempt to make you visit a showroom?

Originally Posted By: John K
Or is this an attempt to make you visit a showroom?

Ding!Ding!Ding!Ding! We have a winner! Of course, that's the last thing I want to do.

John

What you can't get from the manufacturer sites you can generally get from edmonds, kbb, MSN auto, etc.. Honda links are really nice as you can find full parts diagrams, part #'s etc. I love GM's gmpowertrain site for all the purdy engine and trans pics and general specs. You don't get that from any other manufacturer, free to the public anyway.

Joel

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Sorry, I like to see cars in person...tend to work better that way.

I would if the sales staff would leave me alone.

John

The Chevy web site used to be GREAT! There wasn't anything you couldn't find out on that site. Now they have every thing popping up in PDF and it stinks. They no longer list all the options and packages and stuff like they did. Just bits and pieces. The other GM sites leave a lot to be desired as well.

Dodge's site does as well. I was just there this AM trying to find out what trim levels the dual exhaust on the new 09 Rams was offered on and they don't provide it. Just says available dual exhaust. That is completely useless.

They seem to have all gone for flash and gimmicks but they have removed all the useful info they used to offer.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: John_K
Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Sorry, I like to see cars in person...tend to work better that way.

I would if the sales staff would leave me alone.

John

That is one reason why I hate car shopping.

I think running into the ones who are old school makes the pestering even worse. The local Honda dealer could probably double for a drama school.

A few weeks ago when I visited the Ford website, I was asked to take a survey on how the website may be improved. So, stay tuned, the Ford website might soon have the info you're looking for.

Got to be Volkswagen of America vw.com.

COmpared to the excellent and informative German VW site along with the UK site. The VWoA site is a joke, and always has been.

I love VW cars but the US distributor is the worst VW distributor in the entire developed world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back