LaGuardia Terminal B receives award for best new airport terminal in the world for 2022

I'd interested in seeing it frst hand. I prefer White Plains as I get free parking at the police dept and it's such an easy place to fly out of. But the big boys, JFK has often been good to me and LaGuardia? Eh not so much. Considering the volume JFK, LaGuardia, & Newark are woefully behind the times of many other international airports.

The airports are really upping their game. The Milk terminal at SFO is really nice.

LGA always reminded me of how Midway used to be, before it was modernized 20-25 years ago. IE, state-of-the-art 1950.

Never experienced laguardia. Just JFK from traveling to Europe twice. But everyone I've talked to hates laguardia.

Never experienced laguardia. Just JFK from traveling to Europe twice. But everyone I've talked to hates laguardia.
I prefer it to JFK honestly because it’s easier in and out by car. The old terminals sucked but no idea about the new yet.

Good if you are using that terminal but things have to start somewhere. Just like LAX with the Bradley Terminal but if you are not flying overseas then you get the bad terminals.

Good if you are using that terminal but things have to start somewhere. Just like LAX with the Bradley Terminal but if you are not flying overseas then you get the bad terminals.

I was at LAX Terminal 1 recently. It wasn't that bad really. At least the terminal wasn't that bad. Ground transportation sucked though.

Last edited:
I'd interested in seeing it frst hand. I prefer White Plains as I get free parking at the police dept and it's such an easy place to fly out of. But the big boys, JFK has often been good to me and LaGuardia? Eh not so much. Considering the volume JFK, LaGuardia, & Newark are woefully behind the times of many other international airports.

I've never used a small regional airport anywhere in the United States, although I've done that overseas. The smallest airport I've used in the US is probably Reno, and even then I was either transiting on the same plane or just going through the airport when renting a car there.

I would like to try Sonoma County Airport at least once. But they seem to have modernized. Still would have been interesting to use their temporary outdoor baggage claim while they were renovating.

sts-first-flight.jpg

The still have the coolest airport logo anywhere.

STS-logo_2021-300.png

I've never used a small regional airport anywhere in the United States, although I've done that overseas. The smallest airport I've used in the US is probably Reno, and even then I was either transiting on the same plane or just going through the airport when renting a car there.

I would like to try Sonoma County Airport at least once. But they seem to have modernized. Still would have been interesting to use their temporary outdoor baggage claim while they were renovating.

sts-first-flight.jpg

STS-logo_2021-300.png

That is an awesome logo. Make no mistake, White Plains airport is no utopia. NY as a whole is lacking in every airport, large and small. Old school. Couldn't hold a candle to some of the Asian ports.

That is an awesome logo. Make no mistake, White Plains airport is no utopia. NY as a whole is lacking in every airport, large and small. Old school. Couldn't hold a candle to some of the Asian ports.

Started thinking about it some more, and Reno might not even be the smallest US airport passenger terminal I've used. I think Kona might have been smaller. Really cool though with basically covered patios for waiting areas.

Small airports FTW, but rates are going to be higher in and out of course. Many are essential air service. Can't beat free parking and no lines though.

Started thinking about it some more, and Reno might not even be the smallest US airport passenger terminal I've used. I think Kona might have been smaller. Really cool though with basically covered patios for waiting areas.

Indeed, but I see they've upgraded the boarding stairways to fancier switchback ramps.

I'm not sure the covered patios and their lack of climate control are optimal for those intending to sit on a plane for hours and hours, after being made hot and sweaty by waiting outdoors on a warm day. That was my experience at least. And the leeward side of the island still gets plenty of downpours, so one could end up boarding while wet as well.

Hawaiian architecture, incluidng the airports, seems to embrace the indoor/outoor theme. At the inter-island terminal at HNL, that resuled in birds running around inside the terminal, which was mostly like a enclosed building, but with enough open portals to allow the wildlife inside.

Hilo, and its airport are more fully developed.

Not a fan of concrete in interior spaces, but T1 at CDG gives a neat avant-garde vibe of the future, as envisioned back in the 60s.

But, as noted above, the palaces are the modern Asian airports.

Indeed, but I see they've upgraded the boarding stairways to fancier switchback ramps.

I'm not sure the covered patios and their lack of climate control are optimal for those intending to sit on a plane for hours and hours, after being made hot and sweaty by waiting outdoors on a warm day. That was my experience at least. And the leeward side of the island still gets plenty of downpours, so one could end up boarding while wet as well.

Hawaiian architecture, incluidng the airports, seems to embrace the indoor/outoor theme. At the inter-island terminal at HNL, that resuled in birds running around inside the terminal, which was mostly like a enclosed building, but with enough open portals to allow the wildlife inside.

Hilo, and its airport are more fully developed.

Not a fan of concrete in interior spaces, but T1 at CDG gives a neat avant-garde vibe of the future, as envisioned back in the 60s.

But, as noted above, the palaces are the modern Asian airports.

The only time I was there was in 2009 and they were using air stairs for our flight. And the weather was great for the couple of hours we were there. I think I saw a military transport there too. But I could imagine that it's pretty nasty in the summer. We actually got to the Big Island via Hilo Airport and it was absolutely pouring when we arrived.

sts-first-flight.jpg

STS-logo_2021-300.png

I've flown in and out of there, American runs a direct from Phoenix. It's a cool little airport!

P3aD9R1.jpg

YRCyobW.jpg

Back