Lady and her German Shepherd going Around the World on a Motorcycle

My wife found this story today;

Great story, around the world on a 2013 BMW G650GS bike with her German Shepard on the back. Gotta give the husband some credit too, he is following behind on his bike, sometimes they split and meet up. An oil leak on the bike developed and she replaced it with another newer used one of the same model.
All I can say is wow, what a cool adventure. Got to give credit where credit is due.

Weekly videos or something like that below

Last edited:
The way dogs stick their heads out the windows of moving cars, they must really love being on the motorbike - as long as it's not too loud for their sensitive hearing.

The way dogs stick their heads out the windows of moving cars, they must really love being on the motorbike - as long as it's not too loud for their sensitive hearing.
Thats a good point, I suspect wind noise is low in that position maybe much less than a car window. Also the bike she is riding is a quiet bike, granted he spends a lot of time on it though.

In aviation we have these: https://www.tiagoscharfy.com/aviation/the-best-aviation-headsets-for-dogs/
iu

I have taken notice of the plane in your picture from your very first post. It was kind of funny that I was watching you tubes of a pilot and her 4 seat plane flying for the last time from her home in Michigan to her new home in CA (Im pretty sure) She documented the whole flight, her parents were meeting her at her new place in CA where she is bringing the plane.
Before that on another day was a pilot from NC to Florida. I LOVE the look of the plane and searching for the make as I forgot.

*LOL* I have a lot of time on my hands right now, sold our home in central SC and living in an apartment until our new home in Coastal NC is competed. Anyway my whole I wanted to fly, never did, sort of regret a LONG time ago not joining the Air Force, maybe.

Some decades ago I did have a pilot and his 4 seat plane take my then wife and I for a flight around the Pocono Mountains. IT was interesting I was in the co-pilot seat and I guess maybe this plane was more mechanical than I expected? I guess only being on commercial jetliners I was surprised at what seemed like mechanical flaps and such, I don think there was A/C either.

Anyway, retired now and doubt I ever will, though I looked briefly into introduction flights where we are moving to coastal NC.
I think in another point of my life I would have gone for a small craft license. Doubt I will anymore but the thought is so cool.

Im thankful for the life I have and everything that came with it, maybe if there was one more thing I planned for it would have been to manage my income a little better to make room for a small aircraft.

Awesome looking dog and my wife is like "he is so cute" and a "lucky dog"
(is he yours?)

Last edited:
That's not my dog, just a stock photo that I found. Most small airplanes are simple machines. Flight surfaces connect to controls with cables and pulleys, similar to how a bicycle works. Which is funny since the Wright Brothers were bicycle makers. No computer chips, not even in the engines which are magneto fired, air cooled and static timed - like big lawnmower engines.

Over the years I've flown cats and dogs. IME, dogs know they are flying and like it, until the engine drone puts them to sleep. Cats are too traumatized to care, they just want to hide under the seat until it's over.

Back