Ladder registration for safety now.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great - drive companies away so there won't be a way to ensure the ladder was made safely, and no recourse when the manufacturer is out of the country.

It seems that the gist of this thread is that any idiot can use a ladder. Who needs government intervention to regulate common sense.

I come to the conclusion that we idiots deserve what we get:
http://ehstoday.com/construction/cdc-there-s-nothing-easy-about-falling-ladder

"In 2011, work-related ladder fall injuries (LFIs) resulted in 113 fatalities.......an estimated 15,460 nonfatal injuries reported by employers that involved more than 1 day away from work....... and an estimated 34,000 nonfatal injuries treated in emergency rooms."

And, this is only for work related accidents.

How are we going to keep "Darwinism" alive and the population down if everyone becomes smart and safe?

Originally Posted By: KGMtech
Easter Monday I fell off a 8 ft aluminum step ladder, 7th rung up. The Ladder had ZERO blame for the 13 bones I've broken including 2 breaks in my scapula. I was an idiot and have problem admitting that the position I was in was not sufficiently stable. Maybe my mental position was unstable too?

1 week in hospital, months of recovery, oh boy this was one DUMB mistake on my part.

If you would have had a government issued ladder license that never would have happened because your training was so good accidents are eliminated. OR you would have been prohibited from operating the ladder because you weren't properly licensed.

I hope you are recovering well, sounds like a nasty fall.

Now, with all the above opinions given on ladder safety,,,,how in the world do we all think we can ever come to an agreement over gun safety...............

So let's see... Someone puts up a (frankly idiotic) commentary about ladders trying to put a veiled comment about gun control. Plausible deniability is the play here.

People call it humor. Nope. Industrial accidents and making up drama relating it to gun control as an analog is clear as day.

Others point fingers based upon where people live, as if there is any alignment whatsoever.

Then y'all prove you can't continue the discussion without bringing politics and the president into it.

So this is humor how exactly? It's nothing to do with humor. You proved my point everyone. So, lock time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back