Ladder registration for safety now.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will make ladders safer for ladder companies to build.

I'm told that being free requires a certain level of education. Apparently, some folks aren't...

Originally Posted By: Whitewolf
Perhaps we should ban ladders or at least consider background checks if they are killing people?

10000000000-----4

I really dislike these attempts at logic that just become silly. Ok. Three people are mentioned to be dead. How many other deaths?

How exactly does one malicious person use a ladder to kill another person? If said malicious person swings a ladder in a crowd, how many people can they hurt or kill with the ladder before they are neutralized? What is the distance at which they can harm someone?

Is a ladder's designed intent to kill something and/or damage something???

These tongue in cheek attempts to draw analogies to guns just make the authors look ridiculous.

I worked in the building trades for 10 years. There is a specific way to use a ladder and even trained people make mistakes and get injured. People get hurt when contractors fail to enforce safety protocol. Homeowners? forget it.
smirk.gif

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
I really dislike these attempts at logic that just become silly. Ok. Three people are mentioned to be dead. How many other deaths?

How exactly does one malicious person use a ladder to kill another person? If said malicious person swings a ladder in a crowd, how many people can they hurt or kill with the ladder before they are neutralized? What is the distance at which they can harm someone?

Is a ladder's designed intent to kill something and/or damage something???

These tongue in cheek attempts to draw analogies to guns just make the authors look ridiculous.

Well you live in NJ so............

Excuse me sir but I need to see your license and registration for that ladder.

Don't worry I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Outdoor power equipment and kitchen knives should be next.

Originally Posted By: Doog

That has what to do with anything???

Originally Posted By: Whitewolf
It was a joke!

Yes but industrial or other accidents and deaths ARE serious. Sorry, but I find it in exceedingly poor taste, regardless of how much of a joke or a point is intended.

Originally Posted By: Doog

That has what to do with anything???

You are used to living in a highly government regulated state where you accept a higher level of government intervention in your life. Many people who live elsewhere are not. But since you live in NJ you most likely accept the concept that the government knows best about how to keep the stupid general public safer from all of the evils in the world. So your overreaction to someone else making an analogy about government over reach regarding 2A rights, while it seems to make "common sense" to you is by and large a gross over reaction. You are simply so brainwashed by your local legislature and seemingly accept it.

Yes but industrial or other accidents and deaths ARE serious. Sorry, but I find it in exceedingly poor taste, regardless of how much of a joke or a point is intended.

You are free to leave the forum at any time. I find your obnoxious response intolerable.

Originally Posted By: tom slick
Excuse me sir but I need to see your license and registration for that ladder.

Don't worry I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Outdoor power equipment and kitchen knives should be next.

+1 then wait while the President lets more felons out of prison

They are dangerous, I use mine all the time-but they're generally safer than many things. Unfortunately life is innately dangerous-none of us is getting out of here ALIVE!!

Easter Monday I fell off a 8 ft aluminum step ladder, 7th rung up. The Ladder had ZERO blame for the 13 bones I've broken including 2 breaks in my scapula. I was an idiot and have problem admitting that the position I was in was not sufficiently stable. Maybe my mental position was unstable too?

1 week in hospital, months of recovery, oh boy this was one DUMB mistake on my part.

In California a manufacturer dropped ladders because the cost of stickers and their application became too expensive. Also changes mandated by the government caused the manufacturer's insurance company to drop their coverage because in the opinion of the insurance company the ladder was now unsafe. This company also dropped its line of scaffolds and other such products because of similar problems. Now the replacement products come from China.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back