KVM switch recommendation

Can someone recommend a KVM switch that switches fast?

I really only need to switch keyboard and mouse between two systems on my desk. (I use dedicated monitors - so no need to switch video).

Thanks.

I've used IOGear switches for at least 10 years (GCS1102 and work and GCS1104 at home). They're pricey but full featured, work seamlessly, well made and durable.
The GCS1102 / 1104 (2 versus 4 computers) is the cheaper option, but only supports resolutions up to 1920x1200.
The GCS1784 is the more expensive version that supports 3840x2400 res.

I have one because I switch between a MacMini and a Windows desktop. The monitor has a cable from each computer however and I switch the input on the monitor. The switch is for the mouse and keyboard. The switch has a micro usb which needs plugged in or otherwise the mouse and keyboard keeps disconnecting and reconnecting on the Windows desktop. I don’t know the brand without looking at my Amazon purchase history. The switch is the size of a bar of soap.

This is probably not quite what you're after, but it's a real world review - I have a StarTech SV231DD2DUA which switches my keyboard, dual monitors, audio (which I don't use) and 2 additional USB ports. Manually timed based on button press to the new video being up is 2.5 seconds. I use the switch numerous times each day and have had no issues with it.

Another option is a multi-device keyboard and mouse. Logitech has the MK850 and the keyboard and mouse switches between up to 3 devices. I’ve used it in the past.

Back