KUMHO TIRES??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting to check out tire prices for the fall when I'll need a new set, noticed Kumho tires tend to be priced better than most others, are they any good? I know they're Korean and just want to make sure they're not junk, and priced low for a reason, low quality! I don't need top notch tires just decent ones that are reasonably priced and these seem to fit that description, unless anyone can advise me otherwise--Thanks!

I've had Kumho's on my truck for a few years now. I have the "XL" (extra load) version as specd by dodge. its the truck I use to haul a heavy boat (6k lbs) plus the truck weighs over 5k and I load 1k of cargo in it when boating

also, they only had to use very small balancing weights to balance the tires. in my own ignorant opinion, thats a sign that the tires are manufactured to tight tolerances. of course, I could be wrong. I have heard others voice the same opinion. now, price being no object, I would still take a michelin..... but hey!

Last edited:
I don't have any experience with Kumho tires. I've had great luck with Yokohama and Toyo tires. Great tires and great prices, in my opinion.

In the performance tire review posted here the other day the Kumho's did real well. I think it's a sign that their quality is good, while keeping prices reasonable. They're a brand I'd consider for my car thats for sure.

I like Kumho tires. They recently dropped their prices to be more competitive (including their racing tires, which are great BTW!), even their cheap stuff balance out well and are not noisy.

When I was shopping for tires awhile back Kumhos` were the cheapest ones. They`ve been the best tires I`ve ever had.

Both Kumho or Nexen tires will serve you well.

I would price both.

Just rotate them every 5 or 6 thousand miles and they will last many miles.

i have the 21's - they are excellent.
for the subaru i'm buying the platinum's - they're even better, according to the tire rack reviews. platinum is very similar to michelin, just half the price.

Kuhmo's are good tires but I won't buy them because the are ChiCom. I'd rather keep my fellow Americans employed, that's just my own personal philosophy, I'm not looking for any arguments.

Btw, I buy all my tires online at Tirerack.com.

I put a set of Kumho SPT 225-45-18 on my Mazda and 8000 miles later, they're on their last rotation.

I'll be going with a slightly harder compound when I replace them.

Otherwise, they've performed flawlessly, wet and dry.

I am partly incorrect. I looked this data up on Tirerack.com

The Solus KR21 is made exclusively in China. One specific size is made is Vietnam, another is South Korea.

The Solus KH16 is made in China and South Korea.

The Ecsta LX Platinum is made in South Korea.

The Ecsta ASX is made in South Korea.

The Power Star 758 is made in South Korea and China.

Excellent low cost tires

thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

The 732 Touring tires I got for the Malibu a couple of years ago were made in China. Kind of a shock when I saw that since I assumed they'd be made in Korea.

Most tires sold by WM in Canada are Khumos. When I worked there, very, very few came back with problems. That said a lot ot me.

I've used them for years w/o any problems. Great prices on them.

Kumho makes great tires. I'm on my 3rd set. As SrDriver said, rotate them every 5-6K miles. If you go longer than that you will have a thumper when you rotate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back