Kumho Majesty 9 Solus TA91 : Better than the RT43 ?

I like the potential of this tire!

Strong review from Tire Rack and priced well in my size 245/40/19 ($130 each plus current $50 rebate on 4).

If I keep my M45 long enough, this could be my next tire.

looks decent but not sure how good the snow traction could be esp after its worn some.. very light straight siping,lots of rubber(low void trade pattern) looks like it could turn into a racing slick with water channels at half worn out.

predict below average at best on ice and below average to awful in snow. esp after you get 15000 miles on em.

I agree with Rand. They look like they wouldn't do much in snow. I have RT 43's on my legacy and they were outstanding this past winter. Nice bite to them. My old Forester has Kumho crugen HT 51's on the front for winter and Kumho Solas TA 11's on the rear. I just switch them around for summer. The TA11 is pretty similar to the TA91 as far as it looks. And the TA 11 is not a good snow tire. The Kumho crugen HT 51 is.

14Accent posted about them on my post, I'm strongly considering them. They're actually the cheapest tires on TireRack for my Genesis.

The TR test results look quite promising. However, I'd like to see more customer reviews on their longevity.

Our circle of family & friends experience with Kumho tires starts out well but quickly deteriorates. Even the tires that started out well in TR's or CR's testing. That would be my main concern.

I had Kumho Ecsta 4X on my 2011 forester 5MT .. really liked the handling and they werent too harsh.

The mpg went down about 10% from oem, awful flat-spotting overnight lasted about 5miles of driving..
and they started getting a cosmetic tread separation at 20k miles. Which while confirmed as cosmetic only.. made me nervous.

Would buy again at the right price.(esp since they have updated model)

They did transform the character of the car it was a fairly high ground clearance car.. but the driving was much more sporty and to my liking vs oem tires.

I would consider Kumho Majesty 9 Solus TA91 if it was a 3 season solution.. or very little snow.

I've got this tire on my car in 225/40R18 at 36 psi and they're not bad tires. They're quiet, handle well in the dry, and seemed fine in the wet. I only have about 2k miles on them so can't comment on the wear.

Back