Kumho LX Platinum KU27 All-Season Tires

I am looking for a set of budget tires for my 2013 Honda Civic and am the Khumo LX Platinum KU27 All-Season Tires 195 65r 15 at WM online for $60 each. Are they any good? Any others to consider for not too much more $ ? Also what is the price of Walmart the tire installation pkg w/ disposal fees ,taxes etc (I am in metro ATL) -Thanks

Last edited:
I have had two sets of the Kumho Platinum all season tires. They were quiet and had a nice ride. Not a sporty tire but good on a long highway trip. Kumho makes some better handling tires but if your Civic is a daily driver these are a good choice.

I am looking for a set of budget tires for my 2013 Honda Civic and am the Khumo LX Platinum KU27 All-Season Tires 195 65r 15 at WM online for $60 each. Are they any good? Any others to consider for not too much more $ ? Also what is the price of Walmart the tire installation pkg w/ disposal fees ,taxes etc (I am in metro ATL) -Thanks

Not exactly the grippiest tire in the rain though.

But a nice, quiet, good riding tire, with decent dry grip.

These tires seem to be similar to the Kumho Easta LX Platinum from the TireRack, probably made for W*M.
And from past reviews on TR several years ago, they were once a top rated tire that have been eclipsed by newer models over the years. I'm sure they're still a fine tire especially for $60/tire. Good find! (y)
I HOPE THAT THE TireRack SITE DOESN'T TIMEOUT. :unsure:

WALMART:

TIRERACK:
tires.jsp

Thanks. Plan B would to buy the Goodyear Reliant All-Season for $7.00 more each which are in stock at the local WM store.
Not exactly the grippiest tire in the rain though. But a nice, quiet, good riding tire, with decent dry grip.

Last edited:
The G/Y Raliant A/S looks as though it would be a better all season tire for our North East winters compared to your SE location but you have to decide.

The Reliant also has some basic(standard) G/Y Assurance similarities to it so, I would think that both tires(Reliant/Assurance) could be built from the same charkas. Both the Kumho & G/Y are a very good price especially in todays market where everything is going up in price.

I like the look(keyword...LOOK) of the G/Y better than the Kumho for its all season foul weather potential but that doesn't mean a thing without some real testing and I'm not particularly a fan of G/Y tires from experience.

Kumho is so good in rain that since I had Ecsta LX (not by my choice, got them on a car, new) only wheel where they can go is spare wheel.

Having run Kumho's Ecsta PA51 on my X3d for the last 22k miles, I can say they're excellent handling tires at an excellent price.

Got them at DT where they get balanced and rotated every 5-6k miles, pumped up to 36psi all around. They're wearing evenly, have almost 75% tread left, are quiet and smooth, and very grippy even in the rain. They're not great in the snow, but you can get around with traction control and judicious use of throttle and brakes. Highly recommended in my book.

Kumho has come a long way in terms of quality. Another tire I wouldn't hesitate to run is Sumitomo's HTR, found at W/M actually. Had them on the last VW I ever plan to own and they were very good.

Rain in Colorado?
Thats a rare 10 minute event.
Nah, got them on a car while I was living in Alabama and moved to San Diego later. Lasted 15k before 3 out of 4 could not get balanced.
I cannot emphasize enough what kind of POS those tires were. I would not put them on if someone was paying me monthly to drive on them.

I put these tires on my 2012 Golf because the Pirelli P4 +'s were getting very, very noisy. For $57 ea. an absolute steal. Very quiet and smooth driving tire. Ride quality is excellent. Dry handling is very good. Very pleased w/the Kumho's. I will say, I don't believe they will handle lite snow as well as the Pirelli's. Wet traction seems acceptable. We shall see how they handle winter weather and I'll post the results in the future. BTW...the 4 tires I received were freshly made (4mo!)

I believe that you can watch a Tire Rack driving video review on the KUMHO Ecsta LX Platinum(the similar tire to the LX Plat's) and see if it will meet your needs.
And the G/Y Assurance(similar tire to the Reliant) also has road test video I believe

I had a set, I loved them. Smooth, nice and quiet. I had them on an AWD car and snow wasn’t a problem at all, I forged thru 24+ Inches of snow at half tread depth.
A better option, perhaps more $$$, are the TA91 Majesty 9 Kumho. Absolutely the quietest tire I ever purchased. Kumho has come a long way.

I bought two sets so far extremely happy for the price. By far the best budget tire out there for the price. I bought the same exact size for my daughter's Elantra super quiet good in the rain. There's a four tire comparison on tire rack online came in second place and much cheaper than all of them. Not good in the snow is a drawback .

So, the LX Platinum is now a Walmart exclusive. Previously, it had been a regular Kumho offering sold everywhere Kumho tires are sold. This is a common practice, keeping an older tire design as a store exclusive or other private label deal. Other stores and tire mrfrs do it too.

Back