Kudos to Discount Tire (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm more impressed than ever with our local Discount Tire. I've always thought they provide excellent service, which seems to be a rarity these days. My Dad drove to one of our local stores to get a flat repaired and got in a wreck exiting the parking lot. One tire was damaged in the wreck is it was smashed into a curb. The employees heard the wreck, and the tech who did the flat repair ran out to help my Dad. He drove the car back into the shop and they happened to have the exact same model and size of Michelin tire they had taken off a different vehicle with a little tread remaining, and they mounted and balanced it and gave it to him for free sine the other was damaged beyond repair!

My mom and I agreed that we will bring those guys a couple pizzas for lunch next week.

The sad thing is if corporate gets wind of that,they will probably be punished.No good deed goes unpunished.

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
The sad thing is if corporate gets wind of that,they will probably be punished.No good deed goes unpunished.

Exactly. I work for a sibling of discount tire. We have a policy against that. Ive seen it enforced. Its a huge NO NO. I hope this goes unnoticed...

Not surprised one bit. DT repairs punctions in tires using the RMA recommended procedures, tire dismount, plug/patch and rebalance free of charge, on all tires no matter where they purchased. Seen it done on non DT purchased tires several times while getting tire rotation and rebalance. And it''s done in a timely manner.

Don't know about it being a violation of any DT policy either. Many tire shops and shops in general won't let the customer enter the service bay area either. With DT I've never had a problem/issue, after asking, checking my brake pads for wear during a rotation. They always have gone out of there way to accommodate my wishes.

As for it being a violation elsewhere, I'm unaware of there being any b&m tire store beyond DT or AT stores that is connected/related to Discount Tire.

That aside, on one recent visit counter rep was checking my tires' tread depth pre rotation, mentioned that I needed to get a tread depth gauge myself. The guy turned and gave me his to keep, it wasn't my intent to hint either. Now I have a nice tread depth gauge.

So DT going above and beyond with service comes as no shock to me. Glad they lived up to that in this instance and helped out your Dad.

had my p7's mounted by dt, requests bead glue..have not added any air in 9 mo. thru the record cold here in wi....balance was perfect people polite and clean shop...good tire good vendor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back