Kubota L3130 Tractor: synthetic oil?

I have a Kubota diesel with about 1800 hours on it and it's due an oil change. Specs in the manual call for engine oil API CD, CF, or CF and SAE 10W-30 or 40. I'd like to switch to a synthetic for diesels engines but when I look at something like the Shell Rotella the designation doesn't match these API specs. I've always run a conventional oil but winter is coming and I thought a synthetic might be easier for a cold start up. I do have the ability to put several magnetic block heaters on in advance of cold starts. Should I stick with conventional motor oil or can I go full synthetic or is a synthetic blend better? And, brand?....many thanks.

Shell Rotella T6 full synthetic in 5W-40 or the hard to find little brother, 0W-40...

Look at Advanced Auto for the 0W-40...

You can use a Wix 51515 oil filter instead of the Kubota HH164-32430...

Look on Rock Auto, but watch the shipping...

Can also be found as Napa Gold 1515
This is good info. I found the Wix equivalent for the Kohler filter on my OPE, better quality filter at a significant savings.

They really need to update their oil recommendations.

Dad and I have been using 5w40 in his L4330 (same platform; bigger engine) for years.

I have a 2018 L and it has the same outdated specs, but I use 10w30 for the warranty.

I changed from a blend to T6 syn this summer on my Kioti K30, 3 cyl diesel with 600 hrs on it. Used all summer for mowing; has not used any oil. Did not use any with prev convent or semi's either.

I have a Kubota diesel with about 1800 hours on it and it's due an oil change. Specs in the manual call for engine oil API CD, CF, or CF and SAE 10W-30 or 40. I'd like to switch to a synthetic for diesels engines but when I look at something like the Shell Rotella the designation doesn't match these API specs. I've always run a conventional oil but winter is coming and I thought a synthetic might be easier for a cold start up. I do have the ability to put several magnetic block heaters on in advance of cold starts. Should I stick with conventional motor oil or can I go full synthetic or is a synthetic blend better? And, brand?....many thanks.

Is the tractor stored inside a heated garage or do you have a block heater as mentioned? If so then I would personally stick with conventional, which is likely semi synthetic now. It seems like the oil has worked for you so far.

Just my $0.02

Back